Whats the best way to quit smoking? -

Monday, April 20, 2009

Whats the best way to quit smoking? -


I never realized how addicting it was until I tried to quit. Is there any methods other than patches or pills that I can use or do?
Ween yourself off is the best. Cold turkey will just drive you back to smoking, because it will drive you crazy so fast, you-ll want one, and you-re hooked again. Just start off with a number, and work your way down each week until you hit zero.
I quit a few months ago - after 20 years, except for pregnancy. Well my husband quit talking to his parets and it has been an incredibly hurtful and stressful situation for years. The proverbial straw finally broke the camels back and we broke off all contact. On a day when I heard particularly hurtful information, I just said, -OK, that is enough.- And I quit smoking! I just had to let go of hurting myself and turn it into a positive.

But, I did tell my husband that in 14 years when my child is 18, he can find me drinking beer and smoking a cigarette. So anyway, it is just a final decision and a simple decision that you will not pick up a cigarette no matter what. It simply is not an option. Also, honestly, I wrote it down that I wanted to quit a year ago in a journal. I believe that writing things down does something like make it real or permanent or something. So this year, for my once a year entry, I wrote that I want to lose 10 pounds. We will see.

But I do miss it. Missing it and doing it are two separate things. When I got pregnant and quit, it was the easiest thing in the world, I never even considered smoking. But as soon as she was born, I wanted to smoke again. How odd is that? Also, I can-t imagine drinking again without smoking.
when u feel like u want to smoke suck a lollipop or chw a gum also u may want to change ur hobbits(EX: u get up inthe morning ang go to smoke istead try to drik a tea or go ro a walk) try to plan ahead for the day. Watch a movie about how bad smoking is. and count all the money u spending on that.
Whats the best way to quit smoking? -