Has anyone quit smoking with chantix? -

Friday, April 17, 2009

Has anyone quit smoking with chantix? -


First, congratulations on deciding to quit!!! It-s the hardest thing you will ever do in your life, but definitely will be worth it every day that you can breathe. I quit using chantix almost two years ago, and every time i see someone coughing, smoking, whatever, i thank God i finally was able to quit. One thing i want to tell you is pay close attention to the side effects and do a lot of research because many people have had some serious side effects on it and it has cost a few their lives.
Now that that is out of the way, you should quit as soon as you think you can handle it. I won-t tell you that the withdraw will be completely gone, but it will be so much better than you have ever experienced before if this is not your first time quitting. I quit 5 times before i finally was able to do it with the chantix. I used the patches, the smoke away pills, everything. Nothing worked and i was absolute hell to be around when i was quitting. But with the chantix, the withdraw was so mild that i was finally able to get through it completely and never looked back. I only took about half of the recommended dose because i did a lot of research on the medicine and it scared me. I also only took it for two months at half the dose. But by the third or fourth day of taking the pills, i was ready to just not smoke anymore. It suddenly lost the pleasure it used to give me. It was amazing. Good luck, stick with it, even if it gets hard. I swear it will be worth it!!!!!!
I tried but the side effects were too much. Read up on depression before you decide to take it.
Has anyone quit smoking with chantix? -