How to really quit smoking? -

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How to really quit smoking? -


Many times i tried to quit smoke but just end up in a month and i don-t want to die sooner
Keep trying, keep trying, keep trying. My doc said that it will take several times to quit for REAL. So don-t feel badly, it seems that that maybe the way it is for a lot of us.

Gotta get that oral fixation satisfied. Along with the the physical psychology of holding the ciggie. The nicotine will be out of your body in 24 - 72 hours, so your brain is no longer telling you to have some more. It-s more of the physical aspects of smoking that keep us going back.

Good luck on your journey, and like I said -KEEP TRYING!-
Will power.
Some ppl say you can-t just quit -instantly-. The best thing is to take one step at a time, I mean it-s really hard to just stop smoking but the first step is to try to reduce the amount you take each day, e.g. if you used to smoke about 10 cigarettes/day, try reduce it to 8/day. The next day, you try to reduce it more.. and if you feel that you-re not too addict any longer, try to stop smoking completely, I mean try not to touch or even see a cigarette in a day. It surely very hard, but if you have the will, I-m sure you-ll be able to stop for good. Just try to be disciple with yourself. Wish you luck!!
a friend of mine kicked the habit with the patch...he says it worked wonderfully.
Andy Indian Chief, if you give up smoking how will you smoke the piece pipe?
If you feel like sticking a cigarette on your mouth, stick a lollipop instead. You can also use gum or MM-s or anything you want besides cigars. Hope it helps! :)
just dont buy them and stay away from people who smoke.
I fond the best thing was these mint like things called comitts
Friend,
I have the same question because I am very much affraid from the bad effects of this bad habit. I am smoking for the last 22 years. I have never tried to quit this habit hardly. But I will be very much thankful to the person with whom help I will overcome from this habit.
I will pray to god for every one who wants to quit this bad habbit.
NEVER OFFER AND ENCOURAGE TO ANY ONE FOR THIS THING.
You have to make a conscious decision that life is the most important thing, above secondary things like vices (whether food, smoke, or mind/body altering substances). If you are truly commited, you-ll know the time. Good Luck w/that.
just say NO
I used to work with a band, so the nightlife really turned me on to smoking... but then I decided I had to quit because I found out from a friend of mine that was a nurse that the damage smoking does to ur body is irreversible. Then I decided to quit. My friend helped me out when she told me that as long as I keep doing something for more than forty days, it-ll become a habit... well I have been a non-smoker for five years now. Good luck! You will overcome. Just Decide on it.
first of all, you have to have strong will to stop smoking.

and, makes your self busy with some positive work

try to consult with doctor, so you know what will happen with you if you still smoke.

try mint candy, because it can neutralize your smoking habit
How to really quit smoking? -