How did you quit smoking ? ? And how can i ! ? -

Friday, April 17, 2009

How did you quit smoking ? ? And how can i ! ? -


I-m only 21 but I have been smoking a pack a day since I was 15. I-ve tried to quit about 4 times using the nicotine patches. The longest i-ve quit for has only been a day. I don-t know why I just can-t do it. I-m really shy and always smoke in any social situation. I also always smoke when I-m bored. I don-t see how I am ever going to stop. I-m wondering what methods other people have used to quit ! ? Help ! !
Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
you know, I started smoking when I was about, 13 or so. When I decided to quit, I left the pack in one place of my house, usually upstairs, or on the opposite end of the house of where I usually hung out, and whenever I thought about having a cigarette, I would do something else, like clena my room, or watch TV, or wash the dishes, usually clenaing was my way of getting over the thought of smoking. Then, by the time I was done, I was worn out and didnt want to smoke. It went pretty well, at least I quit cold turkey for 6 months, until I started up again with an ex. It took a month before I picked back up again, but, if you stick with it, then its alot easier.
It is a very real thing. I have had many friends in your situation. I have seen devastating effects of this drug. Some people use nicotine patches or gum. There are also some organizations like Quit Smoking Today that have great success numbers. I have never dealt with a problem like this myself, but Quit Smoking Today seems effective. There are some hypnosis methods, but I am disbelieving that they actually are worth the money one pays for them. I am glad that you have a will to stop smoking. This link will take you to the page if you care to use it. Best of Luck, sincerely.


http://cc81ccq6ucsj06pp257nobxcsi.hop.cl…

I wish you sincerely success in quiting. I smoked about 200 cigarettes at the most over a eriod of 3 months at the most. i thought it cool and grown up. i was 18 at the time and started to smoke more and more. I stopped when I started to like it more and have not smoked over 42 years.. I was stupid to start as I have had asthma for the last 57 years. Try nonsmoking clubs, nicotine patches, counselling for your shyness. It sounds as though you have low esteem problems. I have as well. Email me. I wish you success.. You can do it. I believe you can do it
I tried for years to quit smoking. Nothing worked. NOTHING. Smoking was always just so... I don-t know. Enjoyable? Anyway. I quit recently. It might be worth checking this out. I highly recommend it.


http://quitsmoking-rightnow.net/


edit: cliff5550 is right about the e-cigarettes. I-ve heard they are effective.
Go to the e-cigarette-forum
I smoked for 40+ years and was up to nearly 3 packs a day. I haven-t smoked one tobacco cigarette since I started smoking SmokeStik. Go to this forum site. There are many, many other forms of e-cig - and they work. I also tried the patch and even tried Chantix. This is the only thing that saved my breath and extended my life.
How did you quit smoking ? ? And how can i ! ? -