I quit smoking on August 1st? -

Thursday, April 23, 2009

I quit smoking on August 1st? -


Any ideas on some coping mechanisms? My biggest concern is breaking the behavioral issues, like always smoking in my car. I-m trying to find behaviors to replace my smoking behaviors. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
I chewed a ton of sunflower seeds when I wasn-t chewing gum. That helped through that first week. But realize once you-ve gotten in your car a few times without smoking that that association dies away pretty quickly. I thought I-d never be able to drink coffee again but I found it tasted better with the smokes. The biggest obstacle is the fear that you have thinking you can-t do something with cigarettes. But it-s very empowering when you realize you can.
congrats.I quit smoking on october of last year .I chewed gum,sucked on hard candy,and just simply kept busy.keeping yourself distracted from it is the best way.If I felt a need to smoke I would go for a walk in the park,get on the computer,go out with a friend just keep busy.Good luck.
Congrats my friend Almost your first anniversary. If you have survived this far keep up qhatever you are doing. I quit cold turkey after smoking 3 pkgs of 25ès per day Sept 25, 1991 at 8:30pm. Welcome to the non smoker-s club
My friend-s dad bought tic-tacs in bulk and ate them constantly. He-d always have a bunch of packs all over the house, in the car, and always one in his pocket. It worked pretty well for him!
congrats. on your attempt!try chewing gum,and when you catch yourself dwelling on not smoking,grab a pencil and hold on it til you break it,lol.good luck!!
that-s my birthday :)-

good for you! listen to music while driving.
I quit smoking on August 1st? -