Im going to quit smoking!? -

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Im going to quit smoking!? -


I am on the antidepressant Wellbutrin which also has the added bonus of helping people quit smoking. Its been about 2 weeks and its finally starting to kick in...I find the cigarettes are tasting funny and NASTY. Is this whats suppose to happen? Does anybody have any personal experience? I am so ready to quit. I cant wait until I can breathe again!! and not stink!!! Oh any tips on how to get the smoke smell out of clothes - hair etc? Any motivational tips are appreciated!!!!!
Congratulations! When I was on Wellbutrin smoking a cigarette was like sucking on air, I got nothing out of it. Getting the smell out is hard. We had to wash all of our window treatments, furniture, bed linens, carpet, anything that absorbs the smell. We also used lots of Febreeze. The most disgusting thing for me was when I cleaned the windows in my car and home and realized I had been inhaling that crap for so long. I do not have any motivational tips. Just take it one day at a time. I still crave cigarettes if I am having abad day or if I see someone else smoking on TV but I am happier every day that I choose not to smoke. I think it is funny now when I am offended by someone-s cigarette smoke, knowing that I used to offend others. Good luck, you should be proud of yourself!
Way to go! You-re on the road to a healthier lifestyle, kudos! I-ve heard from friends that are on Wellbutrin that they-ve had similar side effects (even though they didn-t want to quit). To get smoke smell out of your home and clothing, use Febreeze or the ALL freshener (it-s in the same aisle). They work really well. Good luck.
Im going to quit smoking!? -