What is the most practical way to quit smoking? Please mind when i say PRACTICAL....? -

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What is the most practical way to quit smoking? Please mind when i say PRACTICAL....? -


Over the time i have heard things like: Will Power, Keep non smoking company, spend the day differently? But the most important thing i would like to know.......what should be the thought process.......how to encourage oneself for the same.........coz whenever i try to do......i get a fear...........that i am missing something very very important........I would appreciate if you could help me in quitting this habit? I have been smoking since last 10 yrs.....
i really don-t understand why quitting smoking is so difficult for som epeople. maybe it is cos u have nothing to do all day long? or u have some tension cos u re stressed, depresed or unhappy? i had been smoking since i was 15. now i am 37 - one day i decided to quit smoking cos i had some difficulties of breathing at night probably cos of goitre which all smokers have. so i just quitted smoking. just like this. i still smoke like 1 or 2 cigs if i go out and drink, but not always and i dont- have any cravings at all. so it is all in just saying to yourself -i don-t want to smoke any more-. not -i must stop smoking- but -I DON-T WANT TO SMOKE-. this is my tip. good luck. just nmake yourself believe that u don-t want it any more


thou i must add after reading someone suggestions - i have absolutely no health improvement, face improvement or teeth whitening improvement after quitting smoking. i has been 10 months. i don-t feel different at all somehow. but maybe it-s just me
whats stronger, you or the cigarette? I just asked myself if I was strong enough to stop. I found its easier to not do something than to do it. Food started to taste better and I could smell and breathe better only after a few days and smoking didn-t make sense quickly, I feel more confident, cleaner, and healthier because I quit and knowing this I will never smoke cigarettes again. I quit 5 years ago and smoked a pack a day for 5 years. cold turkey with an occasional nicorete about one a day, midday for the first week and lots of sunflower seeds, it gets easier quickly. I told everyone I was quitting and owned up to it and they supported me at I didn-t want to let down my family and friends.
to quit smoking you find the thing other than smoking which you like the most i.e playing games, watching movies..etc and try to give most of your time doing that......i think slowly you will be able to quit smoking....and most imp be with your friends and enjoy life......
Just stop. There is no other easier way. It is impossible to stop in instalments. Say no and feel great about it. Feel happy when your mouth does not stink, your hunger is normal and keep looking at your body everyday - there is a change particularly when you work out. There is a glean on your face when you stop smoking. Watch your face everyday after you quit smoking - there is a shine. Your teeth look great after every brushing when you quite smoking. These are positive aspects to STOP SMOKING. Feeling great being a non-smoker will help you get out of this habit.
do u have a checkbook or check card? think about the politician you can-t stand the most.....everytime you smoke make a monetary donation to him/her. lol. you will quit in a week.
good quistion , first of all u try slowly if you smoke 2 sigrate daily then it is 1 then it is zero it is progress you want to need , sigrate is your habit so u take another habit that chewing gum etc it is also helpful to quit sigrate you kept sigrate and chewing gum in your pocket when u want sigrate u take chewing gum and eat it ok
There are a few things that helped me. One is to figure out how much one cig costs u and every time u have the urge, put aside that much money. Its helpful to see how much you-re saving. Another that may sound kinda goofy but I swear it got me through is I would find gum that opened like a pack of cigs and were the sticks (ex. orbit and dentyne). I think it kinda tricked my mind by doing half the habit. Good luck!!!
What is the most practical way to quit smoking? Please mind when i say PRACTICAL....? -