Quit smoking and yellow mucus? -

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Quit smoking and yellow mucus? -


I quit smoking 2 weeks ago since something in my life occurred to me and made me stop. Now, I am coughing up all this yellow/clear mucus. I am not sure if that is the tar built up in my lungs since I quit smoking for 5 years or if it is something else.
These are the cilia reforming. These hairlike structures are what keep substances in the air, germs, and other unwanted substances out of your lungs. Smoking fries the cilia, paralyzing them. That-s why smokers cough when they wake up in the morning. The cilia has grown back, thus you cough gunk up. This will go away after awhile once you body is used to it.
Yes, smoking can cause yellow mucus, and clear mucus, and if you stop then it-s just your lung clearing themselves out. This could also be just acid/ acid reflux, which is caused by smoking/ nicotine as well. Just drink allot of water.
Expect this to happen for the next year, or two. This is your lungs adapting to being smoke-free. Even two years after quitting- I still blow an occasional clear loogie.....but not nearly as often as before! Welcome to the world of ex-smokers!
well i don-t know about the tar but your body needs to make up for the nicotine and creates this mucus, it-s ok it-s normal give it like a month or so though. you also could just be sick. good luck
It is normal after quitting .
It is your body clearing out .
Hey

Thats a good sign, its your lungs rejecting all the muck
Just spit it all out.. good luck

Mia
ur coughin out all those sht u-ve been suckin on.. ;]

that-s a good thing..i think..idk
Quit smoking and yellow mucus? -