Quit smoking? -

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Quit smoking? -


my boyfriend and i are quiting smoking, prob is that he keeps cheating lol. what should do ? take them ? smoke a much wanted cigg myself or what u think, nothing? just let him get to quiting agian?
the power (whoo.. -the power-) to change comes from deep inside. sounds like your boyfriend doesn-t have the 100% willpower he needs to quit something that has been habit-forming. your intentions to quit smoking are great, and i know they are tough to quit, but the only way out of this habit is to quit it cold turkey.

sometimes people give excuses that they are trying to -wean off- smoking -- let-s say they smoke a pack a day, they think they are doing good when they say -oh, i only smoke half a pack nowadays- -- and sometimes people ask me, -is there a -safe number- of cigarettes you can smoke a day?- -- there is NO safe number of cigs you can smoke, it-s either you smoke it or you quit it.

however, if you are trying to quit smoking while your boyfriend is still smoking, there is a big chance you might be tempted to smoke again when you see him smoking. i cannot change your boyfriend (or anybody else who insists they don-t want to quit) but you need to speak to him about it whether or not he still wants to quit it, and if he doesn-t want to quit it -- the best support he can give you is not to smoke around you, or ask his friends to put out their cigs when you are around. it-s like a give and take relationship, you respect him enough that he can decide on his own, and in return he should respect your decisions to quit smoking and be supportive. of course im not saying you should be supportive of his smoking habits, it-s just that you cannot force people to change for the better -- they have to work on their own. my father is a drug dependent, and up to now, i am still working my best in counseling him to go to a rehab. but like what i said, change has to come from within.
I-ve just given up for two weeks....It-s hell, and a private place that no-one wants to be in. Just keep busy, don-t think about it and realise that your doing the best thing for yourself.
Because no-one else is going to do it for you.
If it takes more than 1 try, don-t worry - most people take more than once. In the meantime, make him smoke outside.

I just recently quit a 2 pack a day habit. It was easier than I thought, but only because i used every tool available. This is definitely a shotgun approach. Even with these, I went thru a period of several hours the first day where I was in excruciating pain (simultaneous migraine, all muscles tightened in neck and back to where I could barely move, ear aches, irate emotions, and cravings) (it only ended when I fell asleep in exhaustion)

1. I was by myself. It is a lot easier if you aren-t around others - you can go nuts if you want. Try to be by yourself for at least the 1st 3 days.
2. Have a lot to do. I chose my time beccause I had just unloaded the truck from moving - lots of little decisions and movement as I unpacked everything. The closes equivalent I can think of is to go thru and sort/organize every drawer and box in the house, attic, basement, and garage.
3. Use Zyban. It really helps.
4. Use th patches - provides a steady intake of nicotine.
5. When you have a craving, also use the gum. Even after you quit, have the gum nearby (in drawers in bedroom and living room, on garage bench, in glove compartments, in inside jacket pockets) - when you get a nasty craving and are about to go for a smoke, pull out the gum instead.
6. Early on, use the oral spray - it is strong! You can only use it a few times a day, but it really knocks out the worse of the cravings fast!
7. Before you quit for good, experiment for a few hours with each of the above individually and in groups, and cold turkey for a reference. This is to give you some idea what to expect and how effective each of the above will be individually and in groups. You may also find other things that help - I found nasal spray and cherry menthol coughdrops helped. If you can pick up on some relaxation techniques, they help too.
8. Isolate yourself from stress (for at least the 1st 2 days)- no trips anywhere, no work, no bills, etc.
9. Sleep as much as you can. Drink as many non-alcoholic and non-caffein liquids as you can.

Most of all, be ready to acept something less than quitting nicotine completely this 1st stage. If you quit cigarettes but continue using the patch or the gum, you have made a good trade physically and financially. You can always quit the aids later.
Have a backbone and make a decision yourself or you will never quit... you can-t quit for someone else... not really a tough concept to grasp you know.
A husband and wife I know, she smoked, he dipped, they decided to quit. Everything went good for a bit over 6 months.

They were going to leave on a vacation, the wife stared thinking, this is not going to work, we will be together 24 hours a day for 2 whole weeks. I-m going to go crazy if I can-t slipped around and smoke, there is no way I can go 2 weeks without smoking.

So just before they were going to leave, she tells her husband, -I going to the store and get some cigarettes, what kind of chewing tobacco do you want me to get you.-

He looked at her puzzled for a few moments, them said, -I already have 2 cartons of my favorite tobacco, you mean you didn-t quite either?-
My husband and I quit at the same time, or at least i thought we did. Only to find out that he was still smoking. I quit, I wanted it for myself, not for a partner thing. The week after I quit I was told that I had cancer. That made the quitting a reality...quit and let it go.
My husband quit a year later...was much harder for him than for me. He says even to this day he could pick up the habit again and be okay with it. I would not nor could I ever.
Don-t nag, just let it run it-s course, when he finds out you don-t want to be around him because he stinks, he will start thinking that it-s time. Don-t let him smoke in the house...ever...or the car...tell him that is your space and you chose to quit.
Quitting is a life choice, not a easy one, but a really good choice-keep up the good work, you will feel so much better and breathe and you will wonder how you ever did that nasty habit....
giving up is the most important thing you will ever do. It will save your life. If he doesnt have the will power..thats his problem, dont endanger yourself.
go out side flarwes in ashtra dony smoke in side
Talk about it, ask him why he is cheating. men have less willpower HELP HIM !
take care of yourself, you can not force any one to quit. After the cravings have calmed a bit, tell him you are wondering what it would be like to date a non smoker.
Quit smoking? -