How can i help someone i care about and thats in my family quit smoking? -

Thursday, September 25, 2014

How can i help someone i care about and thats in my family quit smoking? -


my dad smokes and he has since i was about 5.
is there anything i can do that will help motivate him?
he says he-s doing better - down to about one or less than one a day

but we both know that one or less than one is too much.

help!!
With smokers, the standard advice is that they -hafta gotta wanna- quit. You have registered your concern, the rest is up to him.
I smoked for about 9 years starting when I was 10 and here-s how I quit. I found another tobacco product called snus (not snuff, it-s swedish and they just started selling it in America). This may seem like trading one negative for another but hear me out. Snus does not require spitting as it is treated differently from American snuff and thus has almost no harmful chemicals in it. They even took the cancer warning off of it in Sweden because the risk is so low. Plus, it tastes and smells delicious! Like high quality tea. It seems to me to be easier to quit as well as I went from 2 packs a day to 1 snus pouch every couple of days. Not trying to convince anyone to use snus but it really is the far lesser of 2 evils.
My brother smokes too. He-s 18 now and he-s been smoking from the time he was 16. He-s completely hooked! I hate watching him spend his time like that :( Cigarettes are terrible, and I think just like my brother, your dad may want to quit.. but can-t. Eventually, hopefully I think they-ll give in! Tell your dad all the bad things about cigarettes. That each one shortens your life by about 5 minutes! Maybe make him feel pressured into doing so, which is a good thing! Shows you really care about his health. Good luck!
If he-s down to 1 a day, just leave it at that. If you continue to bug him, you could start him back up to 5, maybe 10 a day. Stress is bad, and you don-t want to stress him over 1 cigarette.
keep telling him to stop. do some research about what smoking do to your body and show it to your dad. that will do it
yea my mom smokes to you need to get ur dad to watch the smoking commercials tell them is this what u want maybe encourage them to get accupuncture
buhusan mo xa ng tubig sa mukha
How can i help someone i care about and thats in my family quit smoking? -