What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Thursday, September 25, 2014

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


Is cold turkey really the most effective way or does nicotine replacements help?
Im guessing your a man so my way probably wouldnt be of help to you, i tried every way i could to quite but nothing worked till the day i fell pregnant, i threw away my smokes and never looked back...i guess the mother instinct kicked in and i knew i had to protect that baby from the problems that can come from smoking when pregnant, i know i should have quit before hand but it wasnt a planned pregnancy, but hey it worked and here i am a year and a half later, smoke free, and never going back.
Why would you want to do that?
You-re going to die of something anyway?
Enjoy life, have another cig!
I just read an article on today-s MSN page about quitting and LOTS of people left feedback of how they did it... I think there were 59 pages of 6+ answers per page. Most everyone says that you really have to want to quit, first and foremost. A lot of other people are reporting early success with the Chantix medication that Pfizer just came out with this past summer. (I just recently had my doctor write me a script for it and I-m excited now that I-ve read the success stories about it.) Just always remember the difficulty you experienced during the first couple of days after quitting, if you think about picking them up again. I know that you know all of the benefits of quitting, but keep a list of the specific reasons why YOU want to quit... make a copy of it and hang it in your office/cubicle... keep a copy in your wallet - - then really look at it, over and over again. Those reasons you-ve written were while you were sane and rational - not when you were having an emotion-filled withdraw attack. Remember that very fact as well. Don-t worry about gaining 10 or 20 lbs. Once you-re able to breathe, you-ll be able to run those lbs off. Good luck to you. Wish me luck too. :O)
To be honest , I have quit cold turkey without withdrawls, I feel it is mind over matter, I can take them or leave, but I would suggest if you can-t quit on your own, see a Dr. for Zyban, Wellbutrin to help....
Hi,

Great post! Quitting smoking was the hardest thing I-ve ever done in my life, and I thought I wasn-t addicted!

Here-s what I tried before finding success: hypnosis, those fake cigaretts, the nicotine patch, and group therapy....none worked.

I finally tried this HERBAL patch I bought 6 months ago on the net. They claim a 97% success rate. Well, it worked! They had a sweet deal which was a free 10 day trial for only $3.95 including shipping (it-s regularly $53 for 10 days)!!

I don-t know if they still have that deal, but it-s worth a try.


http://www.alllsite.info/stop-smoking-fr…


Good Luck
Depends on the individual. Some people can quit -cold Turkey-. Most will need a little help with Nicotine patches or gum. Gum is more effective, in my opinion, because you can take a piece whenever you get the urge.

There is a new drug on market, called Chantix, that kills the urge to smoke. It is expensive but cheaper than smoking in the long run.
Good luck
I JUST QUIT AFTER 34 YEARS, A FRIEND TOLD ME THAT YOUR CRAVINGS FOR A CIGARETTE ONLY LASTS ABOUT 1 MINUTE TO 11/2 MINUTES, EACH TIME I GOT THE CRAVING I WOULD WATCH THE CLOCK AND DARN IF SHE WASN-T RIGHT, THE CRAVING WENT AWAY IN ABOUT A MINUTE, I TRIED ALL THE CIGARETTE STUFF, SPENT ALOT OF MONEY AND IT DIDN-T WORK, TRY MY WAY AND SEE IF IT WORKS, IT TOOK ME 2 DAYS, I WOULD ALSO POP A MINT TO, IT HELPED, JUST REMEMBER EACH TIME YOU WANT ONE LOOK AT THE CLOCK AND COUNT YOU WILL BE AMAZED GOOD LUCK TO YOU
YOU MUST WANT TO QUIT.
THE BEST WAY IS COLD TURKEY .
THATS THE WAY I DID IT .
AFTER ABOUT THREE WEEK YOU HAVE IT MADE
depends on your will power, i did the cold turkey thing, I-m now in my 4 year of quitting. Good Luck
laser
Cold turkey is the best because your body is getting no pacifiers like the substance you are trying to kick the habit of. Nicotine replacements feed you small amounts of nicotine so you don-t crave but you still have it in your body.. after 2 or 3 weeks cold turkey, sometimes less you should have no cravings for nicotine and if you think you do it-s just the habit of lighting up that you are missing.
Keep busy, excercise more if you think it will keep your mind off it, better than eating.
I found SmokeAway worked better than ANYTHING. I didn-t use nicotine replacements so it was still very much like going -cold turkey- but the herbs and vitamins that SmokeAway uses to help flush the nicotine from your body really made the difference for me. In the past when I-d tried to quit I would get super-irritable, extremely groggy and tired and would jones to the point of wanting to rip my hair out. When I started SmokeAway I was energetic, had very little moodiness didn-t feel like I was -jonesing- at all. Most of what I fought was mental and that made the physical battle a whole lot easier.
The right answer to that? Is something call will power. If you really want to quit you must really want to quit, other wise it will never happen. I know because I-m a smoker and I like to smoke ven though I want to quit I can-t cuase I enjoy smoking but, I do have lots of will power and when I ger ready to quit I will do it. So WILL POWER is the way to go.
I wouldnt say it-s the most effective way but it works for some ppl

ideally you should reduce your nicotine addiction to suffer from less withdrawal symptoms but different methods work for different ppl.

there-s that pill, bupropion that helps you , wellbutrin not zyban, same drug but zyban more expensive

and / or you can use nicotine patches or gum

or you could try cold turkey

could try distracting your mouth with gum

or picking up another activity in your free time

there-s also hypnosis but who knows how effective that is

just be aware that the average smoker quits on his/her 7th try

so if you are a smoker trying to quit, DONT BE DISCOURAGED

have a good night
if you ween yourself of it you can quit. cold turkey is also effective but at the same time there are the possibilities that you can get weak and start smoking again.
What is the best way to quit smoking? -