How come since Ive quit smoking...smoking is haunting me? -

Sunday, September 21, 2014

How come since Ive quit smoking...smoking is haunting me? -


Since I quit smoking 3 days ago...

Today: On my way to work I was stuck in traffic and the person in front, next to and behind me were all smoking. Walking into work I had to pass through a cluster of smokers (who I-ve NEVER seen outside before). On my lunch break- I heard about 3 radio ads about quitting smoking. I get home and George from Seinfeld is pretending to smoke. I turn on Cash Cab and he-s asking a questions about a -smoking device-. On cops every criminal is SMOKING!!!!!


HELP!!!!!!!!!!
I quit 3 months ago cold turkey. Haven-t smoked since... It-s hard!! There-s so many temptations - I-m still fighting them. Be strong!! It-s worth it. I feel a whole lot better since I quit.
Cause you-re addicted
Something that is bad for you that you enjoyed during will always come back and back. Until you decide that nothing is going to stop you from making that right choice of not smoking....u will think about it all the time. Watching others smoke shouldn-t bother u, if u decided not to do it. Watching someone kill another on T.V. would not make u want to do it, not unless your just as sick as the person doing the killing.
Hang in there! You only notice those things, because you are going through a withdraw. Do something to take your mind off of it. Eat some sunflower seeds. That keeps your hands busy. Are you using something to help? Those Patches? Or ask your Dr. for something, but whatever you do, don-t give up! You have gone this far without a cigarette, you can now go forever without one. It-s a extremely hard thing to do, Quitting Smoking. Probably the hardest thing you will ever do. It-s the worst kind of addiction,and the withdraw from nicotine can be extreme, but remember why you are doing it, the kids. They love you and want you to live a long time. Smoking is Nasty, drawing that poisonous smoke into your lungs which will close off all the little air sacks, robbing you of oxygen. Then you get lung cancer,and die a horrifying slow ago-nous death,right in front of your family,gasping for air that is no longer available to you. Plus it smells. Hang in there!
I think it-s because you-ve never really noticed it before. You weren-t worrying about smoking and craving one, so you just didn-t notice the ads or the tv personality-s etc. I feel like the same kind of thing happens to me every time I-m dealing with something.
That happened when I first quit smoking - everyone on TV was smoking! Tried the patch, gross gum and those commit things. None of that crap worked at all! I used the program from this site - it-s wroked pretty well as I-ve been smoke free for a couple of months now - and my will power sucks!


http://www.expert-advice-online.com/quit…


Hope this helps,

ID
your brain is messing with you. stay strong. and don-t smoke.
it-s because of the nicotine....try willpower or other alternatives like chewing gum
after the third day, you are over the worst part of it....
Just hang in there, you-re just noticing it now because you-re craving it. Just make a promise to yourself that you won-t smoke today. Quiting smoking is one of the hardest things to do, but if you just try to take it one day at a time, you can do it!

Trust me, if you try to let yourself have -just one more...- You will fall right back into it and you will have to start quitting all over again. The first week was really hard for me, but it got easier after that....
Hi Kansas55,

I can relate. To me I was a casual smoker from 15-21 then got -saved- and joined up with -the- church for about 13+ years not smoking of course, also because it wasn-t addictive at that time and my college roomate simply asked me why I smoked and I through the cigarettes away in the trash. Gave up other things too for example sex which also at that age wasn-t addictive yet.

Fast forward 22 years, over the last 8 years minus a little I-ve put some emotional distance between me and the church, stopped smoking gotten married and am in a decent job. Am I ever tempted to smoke ? Yes. But for me the couple -freedom- years have made me realize that to do things the right way is always the best. And I waited many years in a -cult- like church to find a compatible mate.

Marriage although an adjustment it becoming easier and comfortable at times. No one -s perfect so I didn-t distress myself the couple of times I relapsed. Am I stonger now emotionally? Yes and getting stronger everyday. Most days now I-m too busy to think of anything besides my wife, immediate family, work and God. Some people believe in perfection, either you smoke or you quit! I don-t . But you-ve got to remove yourself from smoking buddies and a regular smoking emvironment for it to work more easily. Lot-s of people boast at the clubs that they quit -cold turkey-? The facts say differently, at least if you want to win the battle long term.

Take life one day at a time. Stopping smoking is a daily battle depending in how much stuff is wrapped up in the experience, your environment, will-power/spirit power if your religious etc. My sister in England has chain-smoked daily for much longer than I did and has now quit last I heard for 6 months straight! She-s 50 next year. -Many people thought it near impossible-. She tells me it-s a dirty nasty habit that will kill you and I completerly agree now. I babied it and said I loved it, it satisfied me, it gave something to me emotionally when I needed it, etc. That attitude will -never- work trust me if you really want to quit and quit bad for yourself.

If however your like Johnny Carson or George Burns who we all know lived to 100 constantly smoking a cigar most his life then don-t fool yourself and waste your time, smoke to your hearts content. But if you-re concerned about your mortality and -lungs- shrivilling up as you live daily, all black and tarred, then quitting is for you. The choice is yours and yours only.

I hope by putting out an S.O.S. that you do want to save your soul and your life from a premature end then take heed but do not ever give up the fight. Fight hard until you drop then fight some more. Most people cannot quit addictions without a fight. Old habits do die hard and although easy to make are hard to break, -but can be broken-. Think of all the money wasted on cigarettes, yes it was wasted, yes it was wasted, yes it was wasted! Have a higher opinion of your own self-worth/self-value. Heap on the self-love! LOVE YOURSELF.

Today, I do not struggle with the desire to smoke. Yes I see people do it and like you they look happy and like their having a good -ole- time but looks are deceiveing and the irresponsible media is partly to blame as are the tobacco companies and the whole carton-tooting society. Yes blame somebody else not yourself, but take responsibility for contiuous bad behaviour in this regard and not if your trying your best. Remeber the keys:

1. Find a substitute happy activity with people or things.
2. Denying yourself is a good thing.
3. The desire will decrease with time eventually, believe me even if it kills you emotionally and you feel you can-t do it.
4. Pray to GOD it helps, believe me. Faith in GOD and yourself is a powerful weapon against addictions of whatever kind. BELIEVE ME!! And GOD listens and accepts you as long as you are genuine and trying. Bible says -man looks at the outward appearance (of people, situations and things) but the LORD looks at the HEART- (genuine attempt). Praying to GOD for help is not embarassing, I don-t care what people say they don-t know me, they can-t judge me, and if they do it doesn-t count.

I think you can make it smoking free if you really want to. Do you really want to?

If you were in Iraq and got -gangrene- in your leg from a wound would you amputate it to save your life. If you answered no, then you don-t value yourself, your health and your life and happiness enough.

Good luck and in the tough love of Jesus Christ.

Barry H

GET WITH IT SOLDIER, DON-T YOU SEE WE--RE LOOSING THIS WAR! Somebody-s GOTTA HURT YOUR FEELINGS.
i,ve packed it up now two years this november i could smoke had a word with me dr she got me patches for 24hrs best days work and i,ve always got money ok i dont drink but its nice to have a few bob have a word with your dr good luck
you are just noticing it, don-t let those influences mess with
your mind, you should be glad you quit, dont start again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…
That makes it tougher, doesn-t it?
Don-t tough it out so much..try the patch, or some nicotine gum or lozenges. You don-t have to go cold turkey.
Ease yourself out and you will stay out. Force yourself out and you could relapse.
How come since Ive quit smoking...smoking is haunting me? -