How did YOU quit smoking? -

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

How did YOU quit smoking? -


my parents, everytime they quit (quit probably is not the best word...took a break, rather? lol) but hey just stopped cold turkey.

Those that have quit...how did you do it? Did you have to use gum or patches?
cold turkey
I stopped having sex.
My first experience was Auriculo therapy. It helped me to not experience withdrawal symptoms and store this sensation in my memory. Helping me going cold turkey. However it took this very strong image to quite from one moment to another.
It was the desire to be with my children for a long time to come and stay actively involved in their lives. I saw smokers growing old so fast that the idea to become a burden to my kids was awful. Also not being strong enough to help them or my grandchildren, if anything would happen to them at a later age was enough to never feel the need to smoke again. Who knows what you can visualize to stop wholeheartedly.
well / when i was smoking /my older son / was 5 at the time / i had 2 boys / and they wanted to do something /or play / i would say / when I-m done smoking /if your a smoker /u know how difficult that was / well that year / the great smoke out day / rolled around /and LO AND BEHOLD / i threw my smokes away /and have not had a smoke since then /my older boy /is now 33 years old
My mom just read a book and whenever she would think of one she would start cleaning
My husband quit 9 months before I did. Of course that made it easier for me. Finally, after smoking 2 packs of Winston (regular) for over 20 years, I just decided to quit. I heard something on TV about second -hand smoke, which was just beginning to be taken seriously back then. So that is what inspired me to quit. I had seen how my husband had quit so easily; no patch no nothing. So I stopped. I missed them for about 2 weeks. Otherwise it was very easy. I guess you just have to WANT to quit. My husband never bugged me to quit. He just quit, never complained, and never bit**ed at me to quit. I just wanted to, and felt proud to say , -I don-t smoke.-
I had surgery and told the anesthesiologist to keep telling me I would not smoke anymore. As I was going under, he was saying this, and I have not wanted a cigarette since. This was almost 2 yrs ago and I had smoked for 40 yrs. I had tried gum, patches and cold turkey with no luck, and seemed to smoke even more.
swap the smokes for sugarfree stuff like chewing gum for sugarfree lollies, everytime you feel like a smoke eat one or chew chewwing gum, its hard for the first week or so but it does get easier, if you cant quit cold turkey then have half a smoke every now and again, not all the time though, limit your smokes at first to maybe 5 a day for a couple of days and then lower the amount every day and so on goodluck!!
How did YOU quit smoking? -