How do I make my BF want to quit Smoking? -

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

How do I make my BF want to quit Smoking? -


I know he has to want to but how can I inflict that upon him? His father smokes and my bf has smoked since he was 12 hes 23 now
Happened to me too, my gf wanted me to quit but it was so hard, the thing is that i wanted but i couldn-t.

I just looked around the internet and found all kind of techniques and motivations but while i was searching in google on different methods, i found this website: http://www.thequitsmokingsecret.com which pretty much helped me a lot. Take a look and maybe show it to him.

Hope that helps
It-s time to do some thinking. You knew he was a smoker when you started a relationship, didn-t you? You obviously saw other things in him which were more important to you than the fact that he smoked. Now those things matter less, and you are starting to be bothered by his bad habit. The question is, how many other -bad habits- of his will begin to bother you? When people tell you that you cannot -make- him want to quit, they are telling you what you already know. The focus needs to be on why this is suddenly so important when earlier it wasn-t. Does this relationship need some evaluation? That-s the question you need to be asking, because you are unlikely to be happy unless you can accept him the way he is, smoking and all.
Unfortunately hun it-s one of the most difficult things to give up - he-ll only do it when HE wants to not when you-re telling him to. If he-s smoke for nearly half his life already then it-s gonna be very difficult. You need to talk to him - just tell him that you don-t like that he smokes and you would appreciate it if he didn-t around you. If you want him to quit - you want the facts. 1) Smoking increases the chances of lung cancer - my uncle died last may with cancer he was diagnosed december 2006 and died may 2007 - it was incurable so it-s no myth - increases risk of throat cancer 2) Smoking increases the risk of other respiratory diseases, emphysema, bronchitis which could lead to him being on oxygen in later life - permanently. 3) It increases blood pressure increases risks of stroke - heart attacks. 4) It stinks, it-s unsightly, it tastes like your kissing an ash tray. It clings to your clothes, hair. Ruins your teeth.

I got my partner to quit smoking but thats only because of how upset it made me because of my uncle. If he loves you - it-s something you detest he would stop for you but it-s not really as simple as that.. lets say he would at least cut back
he will know the consequences of smoking and no amount of nagging, telling him the benefits of stopping and the dangers of not will make him quit. Unfortunately if he doesn-t want to quit then he won-t. He will be addicted and like all addictions it is very hard to quit.

if it is such a huge issue then tell him you will leave him if he doesn-t stop. If that doesn-t make him want to stop then I guess you know he loves smoking more than you!
show him pictures of the consequences of smoking
and if he truly loves you, he would listen to your concerns
you cant force someone to quit honey, otherwise your as bad as the goverment =/
Quit putting out until he quits
Let him make his own damn decisions woman!
Instead of telling him to quit, join yourself. heh heh
tell him you dnt wna kiss an ash trey
How do I make my BF want to quit Smoking? -