How to quit my smoking habit? -

Friday, December 26, 2014

How to quit my smoking habit? -


I know it is better to quit smoking but cant
Need suggestion how can I quit it
Quitting smoking is a great opportunity to learn about ourselves.
Congratulate yourself on having the desire to stop - then you are over the worst, but still need to maintain your resolve. It-s just so easy to start thinking that just one won-t hurt, but it does. Just one achieves nothing except feeling the need for another. Whatever you do, don-t have just one. Beware - alcohol will weaken your resolve.
Here-s a few home-brewed tips that might be useful.
It-s not just nicotine addiction - there are 50+ chemicals in cigarettes. Also the main problem is habit.
We have been used to having body sensations which we translate as -my body needs something-, which we have attempted to satisfy by having a cigarette.
When we try to stop smoking, we still get these -my body needs something- sensations, and we still feel that we want a cigarette. We have to train our body to be more selective. When we feel we need something, we have to work out what it is that we actually need.
A glass of water is an excellent substitute if nothing else comes to mind, as it helps with the clearance of the toxic substances in our body. Another good substitute is a bag of salted peanuts, used in combination with the water.
Another thing to do is to find an activity which occupies the mind or body. Go swimming - nobody wants to smoke while they are swimming. Slowly, as our body adjusts and translates the -want something- feelings into something other than cigarettes, then the feelings begin to go away. We know its not a cigarette that the body really needs, because as soon as we-ve had one we still have the feeling, and want another!
We will have a few bouts of feeling or even being short tempered. We must try to bite our lip, and control; ourselves. Recognise the short temper as being the removal of toxins which are trying to find a way out. They went in through the mouth, and they try to get out that way to. We must learn to keep our mouth closed, and force the toxins out the other way.

After we have stopped for a while we will begin to feel that just one wont to any harm.
All that leads to is a desire for just another one. We must guard very strongly against the desire to have just one.
don-t try and quit cold turkey cause most people just end up going back to it. just use a patch or something.
Learn the art of relaxation by doing Pranayam and Meditation every day. U will do better if u learn from a learned teacher. I can give u the address of my teacher. He holds classes in India as well as the USA and other countries.
No, but I am going to watch your posts. I-ve found though that you can cut back if you are conscious about how many you smoke. I-ve went from 2 packs a day to 4 cigarettes a day a day. The biggest thing for me was to cut back on the soda. Some reason with me soda and cigarettes go hand in hand. Hopefully here in a few weeks I will be able to quit indefinitely. I also found it is easier having friends who do not smoke. *LOL* I guess for everyone it-s different. I-ve heard several people tell me they just were tired of smoking. These are people who have smoked a good 20 years so I know cold turkey can be done. My grandpa replaced cigarettes with candy.
you should reduce to smoke...if you usually smoke 10 sticks of cigarette..then tomorrow, you smoke 8 or 9 sticks....continue it for the next two days, you smoke 7 or 8 sticks and so on..
The absolute best way to quit smoking is through masturbation! Before you write this off, let me explain why:
1. It can be done almost anywhere. Unlike smoking, you will not have to find a special spot to masturbate. Any public restroom will do. This also makes it more suitable for people who work in large office buildings where there is no smoking section close by.
2. It is free or almost free. Unlike those nasty patches or gum which can run you 40 bucks a box, masturbation is free! At most, you may need a magazine which will set you back about 5 bucks and should last a while.
3. It can help you avoid weight gain. Masturbation is an excercise that burn calories and thus helps keep the weight off. Also, unless you are very skilled, it is very difficult to eat while you are doing it.
4. It works better at relieving stress. I don-t think I need a long explanation here. Just imagine, you have a flat tire in the middle of nowhere and feel the urge to smoke due to stress. Instead of heading for the pack, head for the nearest bush or tree!
5. It requires little to no practice to perfect.
When you start to cough and catch a cold , you can try quiting . The cigarettes taste awful at this time.
keep trying I smoked for 27 years but gave it up,it-s not easy but necessary try hanging out with people who DON-T avoid those people that do,if your friends are smokers ,you have to leave good luck ( P.S. I did it with out the drug store aids........you mite try those)
Best Answer - Chosen By You

I started smoking for a very stupid reason. when i was in college some guy was smoking next to me. Stupid me thought i would try one and that would be that. Boy was i wrong. i came home for Christmas and my dad warned me that i would get addicted. I just did not listen. I have smoked on and off for the past 9 years. My doc gave me a new drug called chantix. you keep smoking while you take the first pack of of the drug (i think its 10 days) and than you stop smoking, but keep taking the pills until you are ready to stop. My advice for those who smoke or are thinking about it. DONT even have one cig.. once you do you are hooked and for those who already do smoke. STOP. i know its easier said than done, but you will feel better, you will smell better and most of all..you will live lot longer.
I went onto the gum. I haven-t had a smoke for over a year trouble is I am now addicted to the gum, but the doc says that it-s better than smoking as I am not getting all the other poisons from the cigarettes. I now got to quit the gum by replacing every second one with regular gum. I was a chain smokerand have even managed to not smoke even after receiving bad news that my grandson has Leukeamia.
i tried eating candy or chewing gums. its hard. u know what? i totally stop smoking after a week of smoking weed.
I work at a hospital and have been hearing news that they are coming out with a pill that suppresses the urge to smoke.
throw away all cigarette left with you right now
do not buy cigarettes
do not ask people to give you cigarettes
do not keep cigarettes at home
do not keep cigarettes at work
donate $100 to world vision when you smoke
donate $200 to philippines out of school youth when you smoke again
How to quit my smoking habit? -