Im tring to quit smoking,Ive heard of this new drug called quot;chantixquot; has anyone tried it , and does it work? -

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Im tring to quit smoking,Ive heard of this new drug called quot;chantixquot; has anyone tried it , and does it work? -


Like magic, and your insurance will most likely cover it. Remember, you have to want to quit...medication can-t help that aspect of it. Good Luck, my friend.
I tried it but it did work for me. I do not think my head was really into quitting.
The Chantix would make me feel like crap when I smoked while taking it. So it either was the cigarettes or the Chantix that had to go. I unfortunately chose the Chantix.

Note: I might add that my insurance, Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Texas did not cover it.
Walmart is the cheapest to purchase it if your insurance doesn-t cover it. I paid $130.00 for the rx locally and a friend paid only $65.00 at Walmart.
I took Chantix from October-December. The side effects were weird. During week one the upset stomach got worse with each dose and with each cigarette. By the end of week 1 I thought I was going to throw up everytime I smoked. Also during week 1 I had problems falling asleep and once I did fall asleep I had the most unusual and vivid dreams ever.

On day 8 I quit smoking. The upset stomach only kicked in for about 30 minutes when I took the medicine and the problems falling asleep went away.

The weird dreams continued through until the end.

According to research if you quit with the first 3 month supply you can ask your doctor for an additional 3 months. That can help increase your odds of being smoke free 1 year later.

I only took about 2 months worth of Chantix over 3 months and did fine. I got to a point that I only remembered to take the medicine when I thought about smoking.

Good luck quitting! The medicine does wonders!
I have heard three success stories and plan to start taking it myself next month.
Chantix is a great way to quit smoking. For more Chantix information, click the following link:
http://www.121doc.com/champix.html?a_aid…

yes, it does work,,,,so far have heard of 4 success stories.
my wife quit smoking March 19, and was prescribed Chantix. She has one more week of the 12 week program and she hasn-t had one cigarette since she quit. She has had cravings at times, but this is someone who has smoked many, many years and was up to 2 packs a day. She said the worst thing for her was the constant reaching for the pack that has always been within her reach, but now is no longer there. I can tell you it has helped her immensely. What it will be like after the 12 weeks? Only time will tell, but I-m bettin on her success. Good luck with your decision to quit. I know its not easy, I haven-t succeeded yet. But I will. Hope you do too.
I have been on it for three weeks and have been smoke free for two of them.It really helps with the symptoms of quitting.I dont even think about smoking.I have tried quitting several times and have smoked over twenty years.I cant seem to get past the two week mark of a quit so I am waiting to see how I am going to do this week which will be my third week of my quit.If I make it past this third week then I know I will be fine and I do feel as if I am going to make it with no problem...It does cost a lot and my insurance does not help with the cost.It does cause gas and bloating,still waiting for that to go away as stated that it will,and also I get dizzy headed which bothers me most of all so I have cut back on my dosage from the prescribed two one mg. to only one pill a day and it still works at that dosage so far.But I think to be total smoke free you have to make a comentment to live a smoke free life.The pill just helps you have to do the work
I have been on the meds for one month now. I am two weeks without a cigarette. Taking Chantix was the best decision that I ever made. It has been so much easier than I thought. I am so glad that I did it! Just so that I don-t sound like a commercial let me tell you some negatives: 1. cost- It is expensive (i think before my insurance it was over 100.00/month, but I actually only paid around 45.00) but it is way less than I would have spent on cigarettes. 2. Side effects- the wierd dreams were something, but I could live with them. The naseua was unbearable at times. Remember, take with plenty of food and water. It can be severe. The 2nd pill of the day was the wrost for me but I figured out if I took 1/2 of that pill with dinner and 1/2 before bed it was much better.
Good Luck!!!!!
Im tring to quit smoking,Ive heard of this new drug called quot;chantixquot; has anyone tried it , and does it work? -