Has anyone ever tried the quit smoking pill chantix? How has it worked for you? -

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Has anyone ever tried the quit smoking pill chantix? How has it worked for you? -


I am currently on my 13th day using Chantix. I have been smoking 1 1/2 pks a day for 31 years. I have tried to quit smoking 22 times and this time I believe that Chantix will help me. I am still smoking but much less than I used to. I also attend a Quit Smoking Program and Nicotine Anonymous. Chantix is not a magic pill. It eases the urges and lessens the withdrawals. After the 7th day I no longer needed that cigarette. The hardest part for myself is to break the habit. I do no crave it but due to a 31 year habit I have to refrain from buying them. That is my first hurdle. Tell yourself you can do it and be strong. You will overcome it. Good Luck!
I haven-t personally tried it, but I know people who have and they say it works great... a common complaint is constipation though. I went cold turkey a few years ago.. and it was difficult, but inexpensive.
I am taking it right now and so far I am very happy with it.
My projected quit day is 10/14/2007 so lets hope it continues to work for me!!!!
My aunt who is a -true smoker- started it about a year ago. I think she only took the pill for 6-9months. She has not had a cig in almost a year.
I-m a believer.
Has anyone ever tried the quit smoking pill chantix? How has it worked for you? -