Quit smoking? -

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Quit smoking? -


I quit smoking and I was wondering how many days does the average withdrawls take to go away? And what can be done to alleviate them/lessen the extent of them.
When I quit, there were times when I was really anxious. Not alot but for the first week or so. I asked my doctor for something for anxiety and it really helped. It was a very small prescription and I used it very rarely. ( I didn-t want to substitute one addiction for another) but it did help.
There are many ways. Nicotine replacement therapy - gum , lozenges, patch. Anti-depressants - Zyban is one. Chanitx. The last 2 require a doctor-s prescription.

Check out Quit Assist,
http://www.philipmorrisusa.com/en/quitas…
Family Doctor,
http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/…
and Nicotine Busters,
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Nic…
for other ideas, such as drinking water, exercising, chewing on a straw, etc.

Good luck!
I tried Zyban - made me feel very depressed once I came off it - not recommended IMHO.

I also dont believe in nicotine substitutes since it is the nicotine that we are trying to get rid of, these merely prolong the misery.

Many people will give you many different pieces of advice and none can be considered incorrect but this is a very complicated subject and the answer is not as simple as something that can be detailed in just a few words.

It is however mainly psychological rather than a physical addiction - if you address the psychology then the withdraway symptoms can go away virtually instantly, if you dont then they can stay with you for years!

Throughout your life you have been conditioned by society into believing all the things that you currently beleive, at a fundamental level, about smoking. In order to quit and quit for good, without all the usual cravings, desires to go back, doubts that you made the right decision and enjoy the rest of yoru life as a happy non-smoker - you need to address ALL the -training- that you have received that led you to become a smoker.

This can take some time - I smoked for 20 years (20 a day) and it took me a few weeks to get my head around quitting. So dont expect just to be able to quit on day one and that-s that! I mean, if you do then great but all I am saying is that it might be better to prepare a little first so that you give yourself a greater chance of success. It is really horrible to quit and then go back to it after a few days so it is far better if you can make this quit attempt the last!

I am happy to help you on an onging basis so please go over to my site to see what I am about and if you like the look of what you find there drop me a line.

http://www.quitguaranteed.com

I make no charge for helping people to quit smoking.
Quit smoking? -