I quit smoking yesterday and I cant sleep. What I really want to do is...? -

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

I quit smoking yesterday and I cant sleep. What I really want to do is...? -


walk up to the store and buy a pack of cigarettes. I quit for health reasons--I was having breathing problems that I-m sure were due to the cigarettes, so I just quit cold turkey. But d*mn do I want one now. I always smoke when I can-t sleep. Tips on making it thru the night without lighting up?
Try and sweat it out after a couple of weeks it should be out of your system. I know it-s not that easy but I have been there I smoked for many years and believe me make the battle now instead of later, I could tell you the long sad story but here-s the bottom line two heart attacks caused by arteries closing up yes smoking will do that, quad bypass surgery can-t sleep more then a few hours at a time because I can-t breath I-m doing this to kill time till I can sleep . I cant walk to blocks because I can-t breath forget about working after ten minutes your tried out. Lost all my retirement money because of the heart surgery Hard to live on Social Security the last months money didn-t last the whole month and credit cards full now can-t pay for medication I need and I take 11 different kinds of medication if something doesn-t happen I-ll be sitting here waiting to die. So do Q/A till the feeling passes. Try not to smoke 20 years ago I watched people die and still I didn-t stop now it-s my turn, just think about constant pain day in and day out for the past 8 years. Hell of a way to live and most of it is because were addicted to smoking. I won-t be around so a early WELCOME TO THE CLUB.
I have never smoked but I have broken some really entrenched habits. Find something as an alternative, I suggest some form of excercise, find something you enjoy. Record your progress, make some goals to reach and adjust all your means to getting there. Make a list of all the things that you know smoking does to you, from health to cost to b/o etc. Make it really long, get angry at those cigarettes. Keep the list with you. Pull it out when you get the urge to light up, then turn to your alternative. If you are unfit, start with a good long walk, find yourself a track, make it routine. Desire to smoke = go for my walk. Im sorry I can-t help with the chemical side of things, but you can push through. You-re bigger than this. Count the days that you have stayed smoke free. Rejoice in each one. Good luck matey
omg gurl
I am in the exact same boat as you
It sux I kno
I actually have a 600ml pepsi bottle sitting infront of me full of butts and water
I was told when I feel the need to have a smoke
take a big sniff of that
well
its making me sick
but I still need a smoke
I start the nicoderm patches in a couple hours
I am also quitting for health reasons
I have asthma and Im going for the Gastric Bypass surgery
so Its a must lol

good luck
Lots of good advice above. One thing I would like to add is getting some mentholatum cough drops because inhaling the fumes mimics the sensation of smoke in the lungs. Congrats on quitting! You might want to get some patches though. If you can afford it Chantix is a really good prescription medication.
First of all, good choise on quitting. You were doing your body so much harm. It-s hard to quit straight away. Try using patches, they have different types, like 24hr, 16hr, or special 1s that help u ease into quitting over two weeks. You can also get gum. Whenever you have a craving, just get a stick of gum. There are lots of things you can do. Look it up on the internet. I hope I helped
chew gum or on a tooth pick or take sleepin pills u have to find sumthing to cover for wat u want find a hobbly tht u like and do that intill u kn that u wont light 1 up u will always want 1 no matter wat u do u just have to keep tellin ur slef no
dont think of it...you can have plenty of things to do like sing or just close your eyes... my dad had that problem so he quit smoking... ii wish you-d get better and get healthy... it-s really bad if you do it again...
Good for you for quitting! Advil PM or Benedryl!! Haha, you can-t smoke if you-re asleep :) Hang in there and just focus on how much better you-re gonna feel.
cigrattes has got nothing to do with sleep at least there is no proof supporting the idea. So just hold on and your sleep problem shall resovle with the time.
what usually helps is having cinnamon sticks around and just treat that like a cigarette or chew on it
have a blended nicotine milkshake.
Just pretend to smoke it sounds stupid that makes me feel better. Just imitating it is soothing for some reason. Good luck
I quit smoking yesterday and I cant sleep. What I really want to do is...? -