How hard was it for you to quit smoking? -

Thursday, May 19, 2016

How hard was it for you to quit smoking? -


How long did it take for you to get over the cravings, and how did you do it?
Very hard but it was well worth it.
I would say it took a month.
Tips: I kept things around that I could put in my mouth in place of a cigarette. I also put some stubs in water and took a whiff of them every once in a while. That is pretty rank.
Sometimes I would inhale others smoke.

It takes a lot of determination Go for it!
oohlala, i feel for your torture....i quit 3 times before getting it to stick....i smoked so much my nickname was and still is -smokey-...i have been frre from them for 5 years and STILL get cravings ( like when smelling someone do that first light up)... here is how i quit - first switched from cigs to cigars ( like swisher sweets ) for about 2 months....this helped reduce the addictive additives i was getting from cigs...then when i quit smoking altogether, i exercised about 3-5 times a week plus stayed active doing things like walking trails and bike rides....this was the big trick to making it work...the exercise change my body chemically and reduced my cravings dramatically....hope this helps and best of luck
Tried a few times, couldn-t, so I made myself cut down a little at a time, I ended up smoking 5 cigarettes a day, then I realized if you stay at places where you never smoke, it makes it easier. Quit 8 years ago
as i get water from mirages and as i get oil from sand
It took me 3 tries within 1.5 yrs. cuz i can-t quit cold turkey.

And I go the nicotine shakes. There-s no remedy for those, you just have to bear it.

And with the shakes come the cravings. I misunderstood them to be hunger pangs, but it wasn-t. You-re gonna go crazy trying to figure out just what it is your body is craving. It-s not sleep/ food/ partying/ etc.

Don-t eat yourself into a coma like a lot of idiots do; just remember your body is wretching from filtering out the nicotine in your system. That is what they mean when they say -If you quit smoking, you-ll get fat.-

Drink lots of water to help the detox process. And keep physically busy to replace the absence of what to do with your hands (which will not hold another cigarette) now that you-ve been liberated.

ONe last thought: None of this will work out if you continue to stand right next to smokers. Just as alcoholics shouldn-t go into bars, avoid smokers like the f****g plague or else you-ll get the urge to do it all over again and believe me, you-re not gonna win.
I found out I was pregnant in March, so I quit cold turkey the day I took the pregnancy test! It was very difficult, but knowing it was for the health of my baby (and myself) I knew I had to do it! So knowing I had to made it easier for me.

Whenever I got a craving I-d chew on some gum, suck on some hard candy, or chew on a straw. I always carried candy or gum with me for the first month, when the cravings were the worst.

I had my baby on Christmas Eve...he was a very healthy 7 lbs 8 oz, and beautiful, and I-m happy I quit!

I still get cravings for a cigarette every now and then (especially when I-m driving in my car or stuck in traffic) but I-m done smoking! I-ve gone 9+ months not smoking, so I know I can keep it up!

If you are trying to quit, I wish you all the best! It-s probably easiest to ween yourself slowly...start cutting back on the number you smoke a day, and then start using the patch (I-ve heard it works well.) Once you get past the first few weeks, and then the first month, it gets easier from there.

Good luck! :)
It was one of the hardest things I-ve ever done ! I just treated it like any other illness. Plenty of fluids lots of sleep,the withdraw sucked for about a week, (but so does a bad cold)after four weeks I just started a bunch of new habits,not just one. 12 years free now and I knew when I quit it would be worth it.and it is! no more cravings here. in fact I can-t stand to be around it or people who do smoke....nasty habbit! I also brainwashed myself by reading all the bad stuff about what smoking does to you.
I tried a few things. never did get around to the patch. Then a girlfriend pay $100 for me to be hypnotized. Too around 1 hour and was a one on one. I didn-t think it worked because I felt away the whole time. Just laid there and relaxed with my eyes closed as he talked.
Worked like a charm!
You still get a LIGHT craving now and then but they go away within 30 seconds.
No problems being around smokers either, except that it stinks and makes your clothes smell, but you won-t want one.
Good luck and you will feel so much better a month or so later you won-t understand why you even smoked before.
How hard was it for you to quit smoking? -