My friends dad is trying to quit smoking; what can help him? -

Monday, June 5, 2017

My friends dad is trying to quit smoking; what can help him? -


hes a father of 4, and its really hard on his whole family. is there anything that can help him quit?


thanks
Chantix is the best medication to use. My husband is on it now and has not had any cravings since starting it. He had tried everything and nothing worked until this.
Let him tell his family that he is are quitting. Each time he want to buy a cigar, tell him to think of DEATH - leaving his family...Let him throw away cigar, lighters and ashtrays etc..these wont be necessary.Each time he feels to smoke tell him speak to someone his woman eg..and remind him that he is setting a bad eg for his children..-i these words help in some way-....
.
There is medication that he can get if he is really desperate but everything else I know of is over the counter, like the gum.
nicotine gum or nicotine patch.
nicotine patches, chewing gum, massage chair
Gummy lifesavers! Or nicotine free ciggarettes.
Well there is gum, patches, and also Chantix which is a pill you stay on for about 12 weeks. Most insurance companies don-t cover Chantix and it-s about $120 per month. Best of luck.
I-ve heard of a book. I-ll try to find it.....

The book doesn-t tell the person why to quit, it just describes what smoking does and it has worked for many people. After the book is read the people just don-t want to smoke anymore. like I said, I-ll try to find it and I-ll post it as an edit to this answer when I do.
I used Chantix...quit a 43 yr. addiction!
Will power. As with quitting any kind of addiction, you MUST want to stop, that is the key.
Acupuncture!! I don-t know how or why but it really does work!!
There are many ways and like most things not all will work for every one. The patch, gum and pills work for some. Get into a stop smoking group at least, go for walks, substitute, say candy, but watch not to over do that. and yes acupuncture does work.
My friends dad is trying to quit smoking; what can help him? -