Going to try to quit smoking again. How many pounds did you gain after quitting smoking if done right? -

Saturday, December 2, 2017

Going to try to quit smoking again. How many pounds did you gain after quitting smoking if done right? -


If you did gain weight, how much was it and how long after did it take to lose it? Is it still hard to keep off?
I gained about five pounds in almost a year now that I-ve quit. I-ve had the time to hit the gym hard for six months while rehabing (from something else) and not so much for the past four months because of work.
For some of us weight gain is an unfortunate side effect of quitting smoking. Even if you do gain weight it will only be a few pounds at the very most. While weight gain is unfortunate it is by no means inevitable.

You have already decided to improve your health by quitting smoking so why not make it a complete health make over.

By making some healthier eating choices and performing 30 minutes of aerobic activity(biking, jogging etc) every day you will keep those extra pounds at bay. Trust me, it is easier to prevent weight gain than it is to actually lose weight.

Keeping the weight off is easy if you decide to keep your healthy lifestyle after you have quit smoking.

Visit our blog for more information and to download our free book.

Good Luck and Good Quitting

I quit smoking almost 4 years ago (December 2004!!). I did not gain significant weight because I exercised regularly (while I smoked and after). But I must admit that keeping food cravings down is harder when you don-t smoke...so stopping smoking probably cost me 5 lbs, despite the fact that I am a regular exerciser. The thing is, I-m okay with it because I was thin enough that I could afford it. I weighed 100 then, now I-m about 105. (I-m a petite woman).

I have run two marathons since quitting smoking!

Incorporate exercise into your life, and stopping smoking shouldn-t hurt you too much...
I gained at least 20 pounds. Since then, it-s been going down and up. I figure I-ll worry about it once I no longer have to deal with withdrawal -- three months out and most of it is gone, but it-s still there. One thing at a time!
i stayed the same
Going to try to quit smoking again. How many pounds did you gain after quitting smoking if done right? -