My husband and I both quit smoking 3 months ago now (thanks to chantix medication) and both of our faces? -

Thursday, December 21, 2017

My husband and I both quit smoking 3 months ago now (thanks to chantix medication) and both of our faces? -


have been breaking out with pimples and I wondered if any other ex-smokers went through anything similiar? What the heck is going on? I am 29 and he-s 35, so we are waaay past hitting puberty haha. Thanks for any suggestions :)
Yes, normal. They are called -Quit Zits-. It-s your body getting rid of all the junk it had from smoking. Beleieve it or not, its a good sign.

I-m going to give you a link to a site that I used a lot when I quit. It helped me out bundles and I still pop on there now and then.

It gives tips, advice, support and answers questions like this one 24 hours a day. Take the time to check it out (its free too which is great!).


http://www.quitnet.com


Congrats on quitting!
It may be a side-effect of the drug, if you are still on it. It is listed as one of the infrequent ones:
-Infrequent: Acne, Dermatitis, Dry skin, Eczema, Erythema, Psoriasis, Urticaria. Rare:
Photosensitivity reaction-

Page 16 of this doc:

http://www.chantix.com/imports/Chantix_p…

could be side effects of the chantix...ask your doctor or call the pharmacy where u got it =)
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!


(going thru the same thing for the same reason -- think you just confirmed my suspicions, thanks)
Congratulations!
Some people react differently with Chantix, some side effects reported with CHANTIX were nausea, headache, insomnia, and abnormal dreams.


http://www.quitsmokinghope.com/chantix/c…


But, is a good medication to stop nicotine dependency.
Is acne a side effect of the meds? Ask your doctor. Adult acne is common, if you are really worried about it ask your doctor for help getting rid of it.

Congrats on the quitting smoking!
Congrats! I hit my three month mark yesterday
*does a happy dance*

I-m not on any meds, but in the past week or so I have gotten a few pimples appearing on my forehead which is not usual for me. (I-m 33). So maybe it is a side effect of the detox. I have always heard that smoking dries out your skin, so maybe what you two (and me) are experiencing is our skin is re-hydrating finally and getting a bit more oily then it has in a while.

I hope this helps, and good luck with keeping off the smokes.
i totally went through this when I quit (congrats BTW, 5 years for me YIPPY) i was like 26 when I quit and I got all icky faced and my hair got weird. It did eventually pass, I think your body is detoxifying, once it does pass, wow, what soft skin you will have and you-ll smell good too :)
Congrats on kicking the habit
someone i know did they didnt get it
My husband and I both quit smoking 3 months ago now (thanks to chantix medication) and both of our faces? -