Every time I try to quit smoking I feel like I cant breathe? -

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Every time I try to quit smoking I feel like I cant breathe? -


I begin to feel anxious, moody, nervous, and a extreme feeling that I am suffocating. Even if I don-t smoke for a few hours I begin to feel like I can-t breathe, I have been heavily smoking for 4 years now at about a pack a day. Quitting in the past has been easier without these feelings that I can-t breathe, now it almost seems impossible.
Might check out if you have some underlying asthma. Smoking temporarily anesthetizes and paralyses the cilia and alveoli in your lungs. That way, they tolerate the crud that-s building up in them, and you also can ignore underlying problems like mild asthma. So when you stop smoking, you feel the cumulative effect of the smoking, and uncover any underlying problems. If you do have asthma, or just inflammation as part of your cig. withdrawal, an inhaler might help get you over the hump.
may be psychological... try this...
take a deep breath out (you don-t have to breathe in to do this)
take a slow breath in thru the nose
take a long breath out thru the mouth, then repeat by slowing your breath each time;; only do about 4-5 of these repetitions @ a time;; it will open up your airways - also relax you in case it-s just -nerves-;; make sure your breath OUT is a healthy one (not shallow)
well having a habit of something is HORRIBLE .

but it takes time and you can stop anything you put your mind to .
you feel that way because thats what your sending your brain to feel .
try not to think about it .


those things are seriously CANCER sticks .
see your doctor for Chantix -it will help the withdrawal symptoms. get checked for lung cancer, too.
Every time I try to quit smoking I feel like I cant breathe? -