Is stopping cold turkey best way to quit smoking? -

Monday, January 21, 2019

Is stopping cold turkey best way to quit smoking? -


i don-t smoke, but ur answer might help someone.
I quit cold turkey March 1st. It worked but I had support.
I think so. The people I know who have quit cold turkey have had the most success. My husband has been quitting for years now. He keeps saying tomorrow, tomorrow. Well, tomorrow never comes, now, does it.

Cold turkey is the way to go.
Yes. But loads of support from friends and family will be a great help.
The only people who I know who have actually quit successfully ALL did it by quitting cold turkey. It was NOT the approach that mattered. It was something that clicked inside their head that said, -You-ve GOT to quit smoking.- Until they arrive at that point, I don-t think anyone is really ready and no smoking cessation aids will have long term success.
I was told by my MD that yes, it-s the best way to quit. When you continue smoking, your body is still getting the stimulation from the nicotine. When you try to -cut down-, you are just spreading the misery out over a longer period of time. I only tell you what my MD told me. I have yet to master the art of quitting smoking. Hope you have better luck than I did!
yeah
Without a -step-down- program to alleviate withdrawls, cessation is 5 times less likely.
Yes, it worked for me.

I realized I did not own the cigarrette, it owned me, as I kept chasing after the next pack.

So I asked God to help me quit, and the first month was the biggest pain........and that was when I was 20, now I-m 56, and I hate being around second hand smoke...even to walk by smokers chokes me. Amazing grace!
It is not the only way to quit.

There are two ways, one way, is you quit cold turnkey, the other is you quit when you die of lung cancer.

Your someone elses call.

Darryl S.
If you have enough will power it is definately possible. I know a few people who have quit smoking that way. Its very hard though... And sometimes it opens you up to finding new addictions (coffee, food).

Another way may be to stop gradually, and use those nicotine patches. a really good book to try is by Allen Carr, everyone who reads that beek seems to quit successfully.

Whichever way you choose to quit will be difficult, so good luck and be strong! YOU CAN DO ITT!!
Is stopping cold turkey best way to quit smoking? -