How do I quit smoking. I know its bad for me and each cigarette makes my head hurt, but still I cant seem to? -

Friday, June 10, 2005

How do I quit smoking. I know its bad for me and each cigarette makes my head hurt, but still I cant seem to? -


Hi Reese..

Fantastic that your trying to quit.. First of all don-t quit quitting!! I know for me, I could not stay quit alone.. I had to have some help.. For me what worked, was participation in a support group.. I attend Nicotine Anonymous meetings, both locally, and on line.. On line voice meetings, are as close as your computer..


Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
imagine insects crawing all over your cigarette. you could stop now or you could stop when you find out you have lung cancer. and if you have kids maybe you will die before they can grow up. or if your kids are adults now you may die and miss something you could have been their for in the future. think of how much money you are spending on cigarettes. think of how much money you can save.hey maybe i can-t really help you out that much because I don-t think I have ever tried to stop any bad habits i have. but at least i tried.
think about how much healthier you-ll be when you stop.At first when you quit dont stop like for example insted of having a cigarette once every day change it to once evry other day then slowly ease into once a week and eventualy you-ll get to no smoking when i quit my motivation came from my daughter because before she was born she was sucking her thumb and until she was almost 11 she sucked it but then she stopped and i said to myself if she can do it so can i
I think this is one of your best decisions. You must know what are the advantages of quitting:

http://www.knowabouthealth.com/cigarette…


This will keep you motivated throughout. My friend was chain smoker and he quit. He use to say, just be mentally strong and you can do it. Here are some tips that helped him:

http://www.knowabouthealth.com/8-easy-ti…

People here discuss and tell their stories on how they managed to quit smoking, it should help you get some answers on how you can approach this goal


http://www.detoxinsider.com/testimonial.…


Good Luck
what you do is you take a shock collar and then every time you try to blow the smoke out you get shocked so what you crave cause you pain making you not crave it any more
Two of my aunts just recently quit with the nicotine patch. They say it really stops the cravings. Good luck.
How do I quit smoking. I know its bad for me and each cigarette makes my head hurt, but still I cant seem to? -