How to quit smoking? -

Sunday, June 5, 2005

How to quit smoking? -


I am helping my uncle quit,but I have to look like for the steps or tips to quit smoking.Can someone at least help me get started?
How much time does it take to make someone quit smoking?(I know everyone is different,but what is the average)

He is quitting ciggarates and he has been smoking like for 25 years
Look up guide to quit smoking on-line American Cancer Society. I know you-re looking for answers on here-

I quit cold turkey-that worked for me. It will be exteremly tough the first 48 hours-once someone gets past the first 2 weeks you-re pretty much in the clear. But lots of water to drink and keep busy to keep the mind off of smoking.

One of the best things to do is show all the people on the web that write and say over and over again how they wish they quit smoking when they had the chance.

Hope that helps good luck!
wow congrats to him for finally quitting smoking....i think the best way is gradually....each day smoke less and less then regular days....and maybe when it-s down to just a few...it-ll be easier for him to quit..i think going cold turkey would be bad for his body..because your body can go through some stuff sometimes..just quitting right away....

http://keyboardjunkiez.freeforums.org/index.php
Good desicion I am a x smoker myself had the habit for 30 years. I did it this time by just finally said I dont need this any more they are bad I feel like crap I have more to live for. Positive reinforcement. will power!!!!!!!!!
You might recommend he visit his doctor. The doctor can prescribe something to help.

Patches worked for me. Everyone is different though.
just tell him to stop
or to get him some gum....
How to quit smoking? -