How can I quit smoking? -

Sunday, September 18, 2005

How can I quit smoking? -


I-ve been using patches, Lozenges and the inhaler. And I-ve been using them and I have willpower but I always find myself crawling back to them I can manage four days without them and thats it. I dont find NRT to work on me.
chew gum when you feel like a smoke, and throw away ALL lighters, matches, cigarettes.
You can-t quit until you-re ready to... It-s not something you can force.
you dont have the will power. stop thinking of it.. when you feel that you-re loosing it chew a gum instead and think of the money you-ll save if you stopped buying it..that is how i stopped myself from getting lung cancer..be addicted to cola if you want to be obese and have diabetis
You DON-t have willpower.
You need to get the smoking gum, it helped my dad he used to smoke about 6 a day and now he only does 1 every two days!
Go get a prescription for Chantix. It will get you off the nicotine. If that doesn-t work, you can try Wellbutrin. If that doesn-t work, get a pill cutter, and start cutting the lozenges down -- 1/2, 1/4. Go no faster than you can. It may take several years to titrate all the way down, but that-s OK.
I-ve known people to be successful on the pill (Chantix) as it helps stop you from craving nicotine. It needs a doc-s prescription though, but if you want to stop and it helps, then it-s well worth it.
everytime you want to smoke.. drink a glass of water. once you start drinking water, you wont be in the mood for a smoke anymore. On the plus side, if you -get addicted- to drinking water... then thats a great thing anyway! you will stay hydrated!
I wish you the best of luck! I know you can do it!
If it worked for me, it will work for you.
just quit and don-t think about smoking. Think of something else to do read a book keeps your mind off of it.
First,you need to stay away from people that smoke.The temptation is to strong.I had to always smoke,when i drank beer,or was stress out.

Next ,for a while you need to get busy so you don-t think about it.A good exercise program,a gym.When you start feeling good ,you wonder why you started to being with.You also start to look at people that smoke and wonder how they can do that to themselves.That-s when your on your way
to recovery.

What scared me is i was always getting sick and seeing people carring these portable oxygen tanks around to breathe.
I can say now i really don-t get that sick that much...

Plus it helped my looks...

Man, start drinking Cola instead, better to be addicted to Cola than smoking!
smoke green, not cigs. youll be fine.
Chantix if you have the mind set. I have been on it since 11/1/08 and have not touched a cigarette since 11/8/08. You should atleast try it. It will work if you want it to

It is so easy for people to say just stay away from it because they don-t understand how additicting it is. It has a power over you. Well it did me atleast. After I ate I had to smoke when I drove I needed a cigarette or talked on the phone.

AND staying away from people who smoke. Right ok you see someone driving and they are smoking and you want one or on t.v make you want one. You can-t hide from it its everywhere Chantix will make it easier to curb the craving but you still have to fight the urge Good luck if you are serious about doing it you will
How can I quit smoking? -