I want to know new methods to quit smoking? -

Sunday, September 11, 2005

I want to know new methods to quit smoking? -


i have tried patches, are there other ways
cold turkey......it-s all in your mind and a matter of will power by changing your routine. Example would be, instead of smoking a cigarette after a meal, chew a piece of gum or suck on a mint. When you get into your vehicle, have a lolipop handy or a bottle of water.

Your gonna have to change your pattern to break your habbit.
SHAME SHAME SHAME! Well, good for you for trying to quit at least. YOu should-ve even STARTED in the first place! YOU GOT YOUR self into this MESS!

1. Find a new addiction. (Gum, junk food, the computer)
2. Or, you could have somebody hide your cigarettes.
I tired this herbal cigarettes. Going through withdraw was-t to bad but the smell really bad so you have to be away from people but you realize how much smoking is more habit. the After 2 weeks When I wanted a smoke all I had was those things and then the need just wasn-t ther anymore.Good Luck ( the herbal smokes are called Honey Rose check out their web site)
I quit cold turkey. I needed the support of my friends for sure. They all promised not to smoke around me. The hardest part was when I was drinking and i slipped a few times. You need to change the patterns in your life that cause you to smoke: for instance:
1. I quit during the winter when I would suffer through the cold anyway. It was a lot easier not to go out on breaks at work.
2. I limited my drinking for a while
3. I took a different route home from work everyday. my favorite cigarette was the after work in my car cigarette. I used to know exactly when the cigarette was done by where i was on the way home. So I started taking new routes. And I did all my errands after work so I didn-t have time to light up between stops.
4. My boyfriend quite 9 months before I did. It really helped.

If you still can-t swing it, go to your doctor or join a support group. It-s one of the most important things you can do for yourself.
I did it cold turkey. Took me two tries though.

But, I told all my friends that I was quitting and told them not to let me go buy any and to take them away if they saw me with them.

I basically made a promise to myself that I was going to stop and whenever I wanted one, I found something else to do quickly. Played a video game, went on a walk, went on a drive, played a computer game, etc. Figure out the stuff that will change your mind and then use it!
I have known many helped with hypnotherapy. but you have to really want to give up.
I did it cold turkey, if its any help at all... It-s not a method, it just is.
Chantix...it-s pills. You have to get them from your doctor..you can-t buy them. They have a 44% rate of succes. They are supposed to work better than anything out there. Plus...they are supposed to make your cravings no existent. Yeah, you heard that right.

I am going to start taking them soon. You take the pills for about 12 weeks.. and wha laa. If you don-t quit though you can still take the pills and keep trying...you can smoke while taking them so if you still need one while trying to quit(tough times)...and for a while until the pill takes full effect it-s alright..or for any other reason. They also give you this card and it will give you access to all their tips and they give you a number to call if you need help. I don-t really think anyone calls that number..I mean what would you say...I need a cigarett... but the website may help a bit... I don-t know. Here is the offical site. Watch for the commercial with the tortise and the hare it-ll tell you stuff too.
In the Search for questions slot type in -quit smoking- and you will get at least 6,800 results.
study your habits, where and how much you smoke. Places you never smoke hag around their more, while try smoking less each week. Give yourself time
I want to know new methods to quit smoking? -