I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and I have been feeling really sick. Is this right? -

Sunday, September 11, 2005

I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and I have been feeling really sick. Is this right? -


My main symptoms are nausea, can-t breathe well. I breathe worse now then when I was smoking. Its so wierd. I just feel like I have a flu or something. I -ve been feeling this way the 2nd week after quitting. I don-t have any cravings and I do not wish to smoke. Lastly, I drink lots of water. What can I do to feel better. I-m going to the doctor this week. I want to have a chest xray done just to make sure I-m not suffering from emphysema. I smoked for 13 yrs started when I was 16 and now 28 and quit. Could I have emphysema? I don-t know. So I-m wondering is it normal to feel nauseated everyday. I also have anxiety as well.
absolutely, what happens when you quit smoking is your body is withdrawing from all that nicotine and it causes insomnia, nausea, mood swings, etc.
hi
i quit four days ago and i have flu already.
i dont know whats going on either but dealing with this stops me thinking about smoking a cig which i did for twelve years due to boredom.
im also freaking out a lot.
a good trick so far has been to exhale as if i was exhaling a cigarette,
allen carrs book taught me that one.
good luck to you and to me
I quit so long ago (30 years to be exact) that I can-t remember, except the anxiety. No one on YA is able to -diagnose- you since I doubt many, if any, are M.D.-s, and no one is able to do a -hands-on- examination, so, do as you say and go see the doctor, and remember, no -ailment-- you-re having will ever justify going back to smoking. NONE! God Bless you.
youre feeling withdrawls
if you can get past the three or four week hump its smooth sailing
A lot of people underestimate the effects of nicotine withdrawal, they can be quite nasty and varied in some people. There can be secondary symptoms to a respiratory or vascular problem that was either caused or aggravated by smoking.

Your situation needs a doctor-s advice.

For free info on smoking, click the link below
If you weren-t suffering from any of the symptoms you mentioned before you quit...then it is probably a combo of withdraw symptoms and your body detoxing. The chemicals in cigarettes are highly toxic and very addictive, so when you quit your body has a tough time adjusting sometimes. Sometimes people will have the same type of experience when they go vegitarian or give up coffee. Give it some time...you-ll feel like a new person in no time.

If you are really concerned about your symptoms though go and see your doctor.

Congrats on quiting and good luck!
Sorry kid, you just have to tough it out. I quit a 2 pack a day 20 year Marlboro habit cold turkey 2 years ago. Your chest hurts -cause it-s still trying to kick out all that built up crud, your flu symptoms are withdrawal from nicotine. Yeah, it-s possible you have lung disease, but I bet these symptoms will clear on their own. It took a month and a half before I felt 1/2 human again. You started growling at people yet? How -bout the eating? I managed to pack on 40 lbs. in 3 months before the feeding frenzy went away. Oh yeah, the nausea is tied to your body trying to eject all the built up garbage in there. It-ll go away soon. Good Luck, and drop me a line anytime. I know what your feeling.
I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and I have been feeling really sick. Is this right? -