I quit smoking, but I still have urges to smoke, other than chewing gum what could you recommend to help? -

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I quit smoking, but I still have urges to smoke, other than chewing gum what could you recommend to help? -


Also, I have smoked all of my adult life 27+ years, I finally quit(yeah) It has been now 3 weeks since I totally quit, I thought my smell and taste would be better, but are not. I am looking for some safe habit to do with my hands instead of holding a cigarette. Please do not tell me to chew gum--I hate gum.
Thank you
straws, when i tried to quit the last time, I chewed on straws or had one in my hand and would chew it when I wanted to smoke. I also sucked on hard candy- because I smoked menthol cigarrettes, I found sucking on Halls cough drops or anything with menthol helped.
Good luck, congrats and don-t give in, the difficulty will only last a few weeks- once you get past 2 you know you can keep going, eventually you won-t want it anymore- my husband quit for a month and tried to smoke and felt horrible- once your body gets used to not having it, it doesn-t want it.
Play with a pencil. You are used to having something in your hands.

http://www.quit-smoking-easy-way.com/


don-t use substitutes, just read the book ;) absolutely amazing!
Sugar free lollipops.....Also about 50 jumping jacks will take your mind off of those cravings that hit you out of nowhere!
Don-t you wish you had NEVER started? Gosh, I do. I hate this! I hate WANTING them all the time.
Good luck to you!
D
This is a new idea that no one else is doing. GET ONE OF THESE http://www.dontgivemeasmoke.com/

tell your mates that you are out of the club for good!!!
Exercise, it worked for me. The first 6 months sucked, good luck.
you have to see your doctor, ask him/her to prescribe anti-smoking patch, i don-t know the name, it helps.
I quit smoking, but I still have urges to smoke, other than chewing gum what could you recommend to help? -