Im just wondering what are the withdrawals after you quit smoking, is 1 of them bad mood swings? -

Friday, September 23, 2005

Im just wondering what are the withdrawals after you quit smoking, is 1 of them bad mood swings? -


yea, mood swings, slight weight gain, head aches, i ground my jaw a bit too, but it only lasted about 2-3 weeks for me (i-ve been 2 months cold turkey now) But i gotta tell you after about 4 weeks food starts to taste a whole lot better, and you notice smells that you haven-t noticed for ages... and stamina improves too! good luck!
My wife-s friend felt deathly ill and started coughing and coughing and coughing up black chunks and disgusting stuff. She felt so horrible that she started smoking again. Crazy.
Yes, bad mood swings are just one thing. I-m now 3 days since Ive quit and have been having dizzy spells and nausea.
i-ve never smoked, but just think about it: you-re addicted to this thing and you-re trying to take yourself off of it so you-re going to feel a bit miserable. yes, mood swings are probably going to be a part of it. the severity depends on the level of you addiction and your coping mechanisms though.

whenever trying to get rid of any habit, be it smoking or even just biting your nails, you need to find something to replace the habit with to help you get over it easier. lots of people try the gum. those ones that have a tiny hint of nicotine in them are a good thing because it helps ween you off of the cigarettes with less chance of failure. but it doesn-t even have to be anything like those patches or gum. it could just be something like taking your dog for a walk, listening to an inspiring song, checking your e-mail or any little thing you can do every time you get a craving.
yes among other withdrawl syptoms.
To me it is mostly psychological. When I quit, I kept myself extremely busy for the first 3 weeks. Had my daily calendar filled up tho the last minute. That really helped me quit!. I didn-t have time to think about having a cigarette.

I do get cravings even now after 2 years, but I can easily handle them. Try not to be around smokers and cigarettes for a while.
Im just wondering what are the withdrawals after you quit smoking, is 1 of them bad mood swings? -