How can I quit smoking? -

Monday, June 12, 2006

How can I quit smoking? -


I want to have a baby in 2 years time and I want to quit smoking at least 1 year before I fall pregnant. Do you know of any tricks that work other than nicotine patches or gum?
I had a friend that quit. He would allow himself to smoke a cigarette only at the top of the hour. If he missed the time by 5 minutes or more he had to wait til the next hour. After a week he increased the time between smoking to two hours, again if he missed his scheduled smoke time by more than 5 minutes he had to wait two more hours. You see the pattern. I was amazed he quit. You must keep yourself honest and want to succeed. It also helps to keep your cigarettes in a less convenient place, preferably where you have to get up and at least go across the house to get only one. In your glove box or trunk of your car. These are to give you an idea. Different things work for different people. Good luck.
Every time you buy a pack pause and ask yourself if you could only buy cigarettes or food for your baby what choice you would you make. Be hard on yourself here.
Just don-t buy them.


Report Abuse



I gave up smoking after 20 years using Allen Carr-s -Easy Way to Give Up Smoking-. I wouldn-t have believed it if I hadn-t gone through it myself, but it really is all it claims. I gave up so easily, no withdrawls, no weight gain, no mood swings, all the things I had experienced when I had quit b4


Report Abuse



After 50 years of smoking and trying every known way of stopping except one, I finally tried that and it worked. I just stopped, full stop! I was going to have my last smoke for the day I I said to myself, -Why bother?- and I haven-t had a puff since. That was 2.5 years ago. I saved $8000!


Report Abuse



Don-t go and just quit OK?
Here are some better ideas ;D

Think you can get sick and if you have a child and you smoke they could get sick so your ruining lives

Think and look at the cigarette its ew eh?
Im just a kid so idk XD


Report Abuse



I paid $150 for hypnotherapy - As I was leaving I thought to myself -How would that stop me- - I havn-t had a smoke in 15 months - never even had a craving for one.
Friends have used -champix- - were successful too.


Report Abuse



i quit by cutting down. the most important thing for me was not to give up on quitting and go back to smoking if i did succumb to a cigarette. stay committed to cutting down more and more until you are quit. even then you have to stay committed. but if you do have one, it-s not the end of quitting.


Report Abuse



if you have kids and there with you at the supermarket when you buy cigarettes get them to slap you across the face and each time you have a cigarette get them to slap you across the face also get them to stamp on your foot or run into you with the trolley until you throw away the pack good luck


Report Abuse



I have found a good way to quit a bad habit is to have a calender in a prominent place in your house and as each day goes by, give yourself a tick on the calender for that day if you haven-t smoked, or a cross if you did.
Also let the people that you live with know about your ticks and crosses, and hopefully they will encourage you to get as many ticks as possible.
Because cutting down slowly works with some people; so you can have a couple of ticks a week. But some people find quitting totally works and then ticking every day you don-t smoke. Even if you end up with a couple of crosses, don-t be too hard to yourself. Just look at the ticks and try and keep it up.
After you have quit for a while, you-ll start to feel better and healthier and that makes it easy to not go back.
Good luck

the best is to radically stop.je should put all pros and cons for you one by one on a list.geen apologies or excuses behind the hand.!
Take a certain date to start and tell it not against anyone that gives fewer obligations and no anxiety if you do not have immediately sucseed .also you can use a tool such as anti-smoke or chew tablets or patches, until you you-ve left the hardest Part behind.
maybe you-ll get a lot of difficult moments but you must remember where you do it and what you want to reach a healthy baby and a healthy life that two things are priceless!
much strength and momentum desired and keep it filled you can do this if you really want!
i-m on the patches atm
i find that especially when i just get up in the morning or after a meal i-m still really craving for a ciggie, thats when i use the inhaler and its basically nicotine vapors that give you the extra hit when you need it most.

and try to find something to do with your hands coz you tend to get really fidgety while trying to quit
stress balls or something, i usually click on my parker pen while at work bugs the hell out of everyone else lol


okay well if you smoke because you are in a lot of stress try not to get so much stress and work things out with those problems i used to smoke to relieve my stress and now tried not to stress out so i quit try that :)
hypnosis cauld work
call the quite line they stoped my friends friends friends dad quite

get sum1 to take away ur cigarettes when u buy sum
How can I quit smoking? -