I want to quit smoking with the nicotine gum, but would like some info from anyone thats used the gum? -

Monday, June 12, 2006

I want to quit smoking with the nicotine gum, but would like some info from anyone thats used the gum? -


I tried it and hated it. It was a total waste of money for me. I would say try to quit on your own. It-s a lot cheaper and you can do it.
It works for many people, including me, and is considered to be one of the best (not to mention cheapest) methods. Don-t give up after the first couple of trys of the gum, it can take some getting used to, but is well worth it. I am now smoke-free for over 7 years.

Even now, I still crave cigarettes occasionally and I always make sure I have gum in the pantry for those occasions, particularly parties, etc where others may be smoking, or highly stressful events, which might trigger cravings.

Going cold turkey works for some people too, but rarely on the first few tries. Patches work in the same way as the gum, but don-t address the habit of putting something in your mouth.

There are a few different brands and they all taste different. So if you try one and can-t stand it, try another until you find one with the taste and texture that appeals to you.

Never give up on giving up!

Good luck.
I-m not a big fan of the gum because it makes my mouth tender and will cause canker sores in my mouth. Many people find the gum hard on their stomach as well. However, I found them highly effective in combating the cravings but the downside there was I found myself addicted to the gum (even though it irritated my mouth so much).
One problem with the gum is that you tend to burp a lot. The nicotine that you get is slow to get into your bloodstream, so you don-t get that hit of nicotine from smoking within one minute of lighting up.
It will help you with the symptoms of withdrawal. It doesn-t completely take away the cravings or the desire to smoke. Its much easier than quitting without help.

Good luck!
I tried it , didnt do a thing for me . Also tried the patch which worked ok for a month , then when I changed to the smaller patch , I quit that and went back to smoking . Wish you best in your endeavors
I want to quit smoking with the nicotine gum, but would like some info from anyone thats used the gum? -