How can I quit Smoking? -

Thursday, June 28, 2007

How can I quit Smoking? -


I-m a compulsive smoker. I can-t stop. I-ve tried the patch, but I cant keep it lit. Ha Ha!
Just be strong and don-t do it. Find something else to replace it like meditation. You must find something good for you to replace it. Whether it-s taking a walk, drawing, singing, playing an instrument, something that will detoxify you.

Look up good videos on youtube that will help you.


also, my neighbor Mona HATES ciggeretes and they make her sick to her stomach. Her dad, as a teen, made her smoke a whole pack in one sitting while wtching her. She threw up and now is sickend by it. Better to smoke till you-re sick and not do it again then smoke here and there and suffer as an adult for every treachorous year.

p.s. I don-t recommend doing that

Also watch all these nasty videos of what smoking will do to you.
-seizures, cancer, suffication :(...eventually and painful suffering too :(, depression, weakness mentally and physically, deteriation of the lungs and body, self destruction.
Read articles until you feel sick and want to throw up because not only what you-re reading, but sick of reading. This feeling of sickness is a wake up call to your future self if you continue destruction

Good to you to make a brave smart step in your life!!
GOOD LUCK

-d
The most successful quitters are those who put together a game plan with a specific goal in mind. Setting a final quit date is the first step. Smokers who have attempted to quit previously and were unsuccessful should consider the reasons behind their failure. Where there certain activities that should have been avoided? If so, make sure you write them down and avoid them this time. Expert help might be very beneficial. Talk to your doctor, a nurse or even a psychologist about quitting advice. Seek out quit smoking programs locally.
I smoked a pack a day for 12 years and I quit 2 months ago--just went cold turkey. I planned on it for about two weeks. I started by not smoking while at work so I would get used to being a little nicotine deprived so I wouldnt freak out. then when the day came, I just stopped. I had withdrawals where i had problems concentrating, I felt kind of spacey and easily irritated, but I kept telling myself that having a cigarette was not the answer and any nicotine I would have (including snuff or the patch or gum) would just make the withdrawals last longer. After about a week I felt normal. I go to bars a lot and thought it was going to be harder--but it has been much easier then I expected--so far! I have to say the one thing I do know---you have to actually want to quit because you no longer want to smoke. I loved smoking, but i really dont even think about it anymore and I feel go about that--too good to slip up one day when Im drunk. I tell myself that having one now would suck (no pun intended) and i would clip a buzz that would just make me feel sick. plus im starting to enjoy the small things--like easily walking up stairs and having clean smelling clothes. GOOD LUCK!
Sounds like You re not ready.
Unfortunately, Many people only make serious considerations to quit after they get really sick.And even after getting sick some people still continue to smoke.

It took me 33 attempts over 6 years to finally quit smoking. Pretty disgusting. ha ha ha

You need to be 100% sure you-re never gonna smoke again.

Try doing some research and find out how you should quit. maybe Watch some videos on YouTube, get yourself ready.

Another thing I wanted to add was that everybody has a different way of quitting. What works for me may not work for you, So you got to find out what is the best way for you. What I mean is that some methods are useful for some, and don-t work at all for others.Nicotine gum, patches, zyban, cold turkey may be useful for some but are not for others.
you want to want to stop... If you are Truly committed. chose one place in your house to smoke in.. or outside if you have an area. don-t smoke in your normal places... watching tv, on the computer. any place you spend a lot of time.. make sure it-s somewhere that is going to make you get up and go to that spot. the more you are inconvenienced the better. after eating instead of smoking try something else. keep your mind busy. get a cross word puzzle book, get carrots.. sounds funny but when you crave a cig. grab a carrot and pretend it-s the cig. it helps. it is something in between your fingers. Good Luck
Wean yourself off slowly (each week smoke a bit less frequently till you-re down to once a day, then go to every other day, every third day, etc.) and keep something to put in your mouth to occupy you (eg sunflower seeds, carrot sticks, whatever). Much easier (so I hear) than quitting cold turkey.

Of course, if you want to, you can go to a relative/friend-s house, stay there for a few weeks, and have them enforce a strict no-smoking rule (a lot of people are willing to do this just to see you quit). It worked for my grandpa!
Well maybe get your husband to hide it from you or if you don-t have a husband just try making your self stop you can do that make a calender of things not to do stuff and if you do the stuff get a friend to do something to you like get her or him to give you a strike1 strike 2 strike 3 if you get a strike 3 she will do something to you! :)
Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.



check out this site for more info, as well as local meetings

http://www.nicotine-anonymous.org/


check out this site for several daily online voice meetings

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/voi…


http://www.detoxinsider.com/testimonial.…


People here talk about their addiction to cigarettes and share their stories about how they managed to quit.

It might help you find what youre looking for.
There are other methods than the patch
I have 2 suggestions:

1.Find a partner of the opposite sex and keep on kissing.
2.Eat lots of celery and suck on hard candy (sugar-free).
Perhaps you can find some useful information in
http://www.quitnow.info.au
.
Stop thinking about smoking. Focus on something else to keep your mind off of it.
How can I quit Smoking? -