I just quit smoking two days ago, when will the nicotine cravings go away? -

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I just quit smoking two days ago, when will the nicotine cravings go away? -


I could not sleep very well last night, i think i might be suffering from withdrawals, I was hoping to quit without any nicotine binkies, gum, patches, lozenges etc.
varies ,
The physical nicotine cravings should subside after about three days; however, the psychological triggers can last for many years so it-s good to have a plan to deal with that. Example: If you always have a smoke with coffee, then give up coffee until you-re comfortable with not smoking. That-s why I used behavior modification techniques to help me quit 14 years ago. Even after all that time, sometimes when I-m around a lot of smoke, I still wake up with the uncomfortable, nervous feeling of having just quit but it doesn-t last very long. Congratulations and hang in there because it will get easier and is well worth the temporary suffering to achieve a better quality of life. PS. Deep breathing is also helpful.
The worst of it will stop within 3 weeks. But i had cravings up to 5 weeks after i stopped.

I didn-t use any of those things, i quit cold turkey. I found that if you make yourself be really busy for about 5 minutes, the craving dies off. I used jumping jax or a jump rope. That way i burned calories and helped my lungs with exercise. Plus, helped myself get through the craving. I think that-s why i didn-t gain weight when i stopped. Because i noticed i did eat more.

Chew regular gum. Eat carrot sticks. Dont use nicotine anything unless you have too. Chew really strong gum like Extra spearmint. Really does help.

You can do this!
I quit a little under 24 hours ago.
I went on piratebay.org and downloaded allen carrs easy way audio book. Try that! I have not had a s ingle craving and i was a 25 smoke a day girl!
I just quit smoking two days ago, when will the nicotine cravings go away? -