I quit smoking yesterday and I am using the patch but I feel jittery? -

Friday, June 22, 2007

I quit smoking yesterday and I am using the patch but I feel jittery? -


I-m wondering if I should go down to the next level, the 14 mg. I bought the 21 mg because it said to use that strength if you smoke a pack a day but I just feel so jittery and shaky!
Yes, it sounds like you-re getting too much nicotine. You have to be careful because if you use too strong a patch for your habit you can actually make your addiction worse rather than better. So I-d try the 14 mg patch right away.
hi cutetrio2002..

first of congratulations, on your decision to quit.. its a real big deal.. as far as the question goes, i don-t know the answer.. but im reasonably sure i know where to send you.. the folks at 1-800 quit now, know all about that stuff.. give them a ring..

also, a lot of times people in support groups will have some experience with situations such as this.. i know in the past, and at times still, i rely upon members of my group for answers, and guidance.. i am a memeber of Nicotine Anonymous, and attend meetings both locally, and on line.. on line meetings are as close as your computer, and you are welcome smoking or already quit..

Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
I quit smoking yesterday and I am using the patch but I feel jittery? -