How do I quit smoking !? -

Saturday, June 2, 2007

How do I quit smoking !? -


I-ve been smoking for 2 years and i-m 19, I know it-s not to late to quit, and I would really like to.
Let me just start by saying it is definitely not too late! Good for you for wanting to quit before your lungs are black!
I-m not going to lie, it really really sucks. I am a pretty moody person anyways, but when I quit I was HORRIBLE. The terrible mood gets better after a week or two however.
If you think you-re actually addicted to nicotine, patches or gum wouldn-t hurt. You-re old enough to buy them legally, but they-re a little on the expensive side.
Just keep yourself busy. Go for a walk. Carry a massive water bottle around and take a drink every time you want a cigarette. If you-re worried about weight gain switch to a vegetarian or vegan diet for a few weeks. If you miss having something in your hand, hold a pen. If you miss having something in your mouth keep a stick of gum in your mouth at all times.
I found it helped to come up with a list of reasons why you want to quit to keep yourself motivated. Just think -- your hair and clothes won-t smell like smoke! Your breath and teeth will improve! You will decrease your chances for a lot of diseases! You-ll save a TON of money!
Find your triggers. Mine were driving and drinking. I found that while driving if Icranked up the most obnoxious song on my iPod to a deafening level it drowned out the craving. I had to just completely avoid alcohol for a month, there was no way I could have drank without smoking in the beginning.
Just remember it is possible! If you slip up don-t give up, smoking one or two cigarettes does not qualify you as a smoker again! Good luck!
Well youre definitely not alone


http://www.detoxinsider.com/testimonial.…


these people go through the same thing and write mini blogs and testimonials on how they managed to give up smoking
It might help find what youre looking for.
Perhaps you can find some useful information in
http://www.quitnow.info.au
.
How do I quit smoking !? -