I quit smoking last week. How long before I quit coughing and get over the sore throat? -

Monday, June 18, 2007

I quit smoking last week. How long before I quit coughing and get over the sore throat? -


Thanks to the coughing and throat thing I can-t even stand to be near smoke, so I don-t want another cigaret, EVER. Kind of amazing after 30 years.
First of all Congratulations!

I quit 2 years ago. It took about three weeks for my sinuses to stop rebelling. Felt terrible at first. After that time the nicotine was out of my system. Then came the hard task of overcoming my habits. Took a whole year to get past the cravings. I feel wonderful now!

Stick with it and you will never regret it!! Good luck to you! It does get better.
Hang on, you should see an improvement soon.

Good for you!

Meanwhile, try drinking hot soothing drinks to help your throat.
good for you.

i have failed many times.

however remember - nobody likes a quitter !! -

hahaha
I only smoked for just over two years and at the end of that period had been down to 2 or 3 a day for months. However, it took a further full six months to completely stop coughing. It just goes to show how damaged your lungs are by the evil plant. Congratulations on having stopped.
I never had the sore throat thing when i quit. It took me a few months though to start tasting things again. Its amazing how much taste you loose by smoking. It took me about 3 weeks to stop with the morning hack.
u will be coffing 4 quite a while yet im afraid, @ least 2 yrs. soz mate :(
smoking destroys tiny hairs inside the lungs called cilia. In a healthy lung these hairs clear debris from the lungs. The cough you have means that the cilia have started to regenerate and are doing their job again. I know the cough is annoying but think of it this way- your body is healing itself and getting rid of all the muck that-s accumulated in your lungs over the years. I can-t guess how long you will have the cough for, it could be a while if you-ve smoked for 30 years. Try steam inhalations, honey and lemon in warm water for the sore throat. Hope this helps, and well done for quitting!
u know i had quit once a few months ago for like 15 days...i didnt stop coughing the whole time, kept me up at night drinking cough syrup like it was going out of style, nothing helped...then i started again..
I quit smoking last week. How long before I quit coughing and get over the sore throat? -