What do you think is the best way to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

What do you think is the best way to quit smoking? -


i-m trying to quit but i-m not doing very good! have anyone been able to stop this damn habit if so HOW??
First thing I did was pick a date in the future when I would quit, then in meantime I enjoyed smoking, didn-t feel guilty about it or anything, just enjoyed it. Then as the date approached I prepared myself for quitting. Then on the date I threw my cigarettes in the bin, wore a patch for a few weeks and I haven-t smoked since!

Good Luck!
If I can quit after 25 years, anyone can. And I do not miss it one bit. Its nasty and disgusting. Ok, here-s how I did it. First, set a date, say 2 weeks from now. During the next two weeks smoke as normal, keeping in mind the impending date. Clean out your car, wash ashtray, etc. Start throwing away all your lighters, matches, etc. In other words, prepare. Cut way back on coffee-drinking or any other habits associated with smoking. Start taking a walk around the block after dinner, or do anything to distract yourself after meals. You know what your -trigger- points are. By the time the day arrives you have no cigarettes in your home, car, purse, etc. Keep busy, the forst 3 days are key. Youcan do this. Go on-line and find a Quit Support group. I wish you much success. It-s been 3 years for me.
I feel your pain Laura, I really do. I-m a smoker of about 10 years and can-t quit. Non-smoking friends tell me that if I really wanted to that I could. Maybe so, but I tell them that they must have never smoked, because if they did, they would truly know how hard the habit is to kick for most people.
Well; i really hope this helps.

Ughh; i would hate to be stuck in smoking.

first off, think about this.

You put your lungs under pressure
Your heart is put under stress
Your blood pressure increases
Carbon monoxide floods into your system
The nicotine kicks in
The blood vessels in your skin constrict
You take off 2-20 minutes of your life each time you smoke a cigarette!

Try taking some medicines and pills or stuff that will help you get your addiction to cigarettes better.

Try smoking straws! lol, like your smoking a real cigar, but just a straw! (:

It might help.. Well i hope it helps.

Good LUCK!(:
Well I smoke for like 6 years and started taking the chantax pills, The worked wonders on me, haven-t smoked in 6 months, It blocks the neurotransmitters in your brain.. I-m a nurse, I strongly recommend it
cold turkey...3 days of hell but then its smooth sailin...keep a pack on hand and tell yourself that they are there but your not going to smoke them...that way as long as you know that they are there..your not so tempted.
Very easy give up one dependence for another, you should start drinking green tea four or five times daily and slowly give up the cigarettes .In a month you will be off them.
I started by unraveling the cigarettes and sauteing the tobacco.
Well, you can get a hobby and do things to get your mind off smoking!
will power
cold turkey.
fight through it.
will power
Suffer through the pain. In time the pain goes away and you will be free.
Dip the end of your cigarette in tuna juice then light it up
look at pictures of what smoking does to your body!
Try the nicotine patches. With the cinnoman...
what have you tried so far?
think about it and what it is doin to ur body and say I AM DONE
What do you think is the best way to quit smoking? -