What is an easy way to quit smoking? -

Sunday, May 27, 2007

What is an easy way to quit smoking? -


I have tryed quiting cold turkey but no luck and i don-t believe the patch and the gum work what else could i do?
Don-t feel bad about not being able to quit through going cold turkey. This method doesn-t work because it gives nicotine the power, not the other way around. The vast majority fail to quit this way.

Smoking is more of a psychological addiction than a physical one. If you really want to quit you must discover the reasons why you smoke and then eliminate or change these thought processes. Once you deal with the psychological side of smoking it makes the quitting process easy, no matter your level of addiction.

Most companies who sell quit smoking aids admit to this on their websites. They say to use their products in conjunction with a psychological support program. Why? Because without one the chances of quitting are greatly reduced. In reality the psychological program does most of the work. The quit smoking aids are more of a helping hand and are often completely unnecessary.

Visit our site to join our inspirational 12 day e-course. You can also download our free book -36 Powerful Superfoods- to help fight weight gain and start mending damage caused by smoking. For more information and to post your opinion about the products you have tried, visit the following website.

Good Luck and Good Quitting
The way my mom quit was with lots of support. She wasn-t able to stop with the patch and gum either. What you need is someone (or more) people who you can count on. Whenever you are feeling the urge to light up call them and meet up or talk to them to distract yourself (kinda like a sponsor). Whenever my mom would go into a store to buy cigs she would call me and I would just tell her to come over for a few hours and if she still wanted to get cigs later then I would take her downstairs to buy them. Usually she would come over and we would have lunch and a few drinks and she would forget about her cigs completely. Another thing is you can slowly wean yourself off cigs. If you currently smoke 1 pack a day start making it 3/4 pack and then 1/2 pack etc etc. In the morning take out the number of cigs you are going to allow yourself to smoke today and put them in a separate container. DON-T carry around the whole pack with you because it will be very hard to resist the temptation.
I threw out all the crap suggested to help. None of it worked for me at all. Patches made me jones harder, gum burned my mouth. Telling people I was quitting made me look like an *** later (over and over).

I took a week off. I just up and said screw it. Just stopped. I sat in bed with bags and bags of pistachios for DAYS. You were lucky if I got up and showered! I could not eat at the table, drive, put on make up... I could do nothing that I could somehow associate with smoking.

Eventually I made it to the couch. It was hard as I smoked on the couch. I was trying to get through every smoking trigger. A couple months after that I could drive myself. Yes, it took that long as after the first 2 weeks passed no way was I redoing that! I never made it past 1 week.

I needed everyone I knew on board. Lucky I knew NO smokers, have not for many years. 8 months later and here I am still smoke free. Oh and the BIGGEST thing to tell yourself. If you decide to -have just one- be honest. You are deciding to start smoking again. There is no such thing as just one. If you reach for one just tell yourself I quit quitting and am a smoker again. That has really helped me. As I have wanted just one a lot. Even a few days ago. But I do not want to be a smoker again.

The quit pain does go away. You get a craving here and there but it is not bad and is over quickly. Good luck.
well would u like to see what your lungs look like if you keep it up :]


http://www.csmngt.com/smokers%20lung.jpg


its not pretty is it?
Nicotine is more addictive than heroin. If there-s an easy way, I haven-t seen it.

You might try hypnosis.
Sorry bud, there is no easy way to quit. You just gota tough it out and to it
What is an easy way to quit smoking? -