My brother is trying to quit smoking, is there anyone out there with tips? -

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My brother is trying to quit smoking, is there anyone out there with tips? -


Have any of you successfully quit, and how? He is doing it for his girlfriend so he has motivation, but he has tried before and failed.
Contact the Quitline and join a Quit Smoking Clinic.
I was a smoker for 25 years and I had quit smoking for over six times ,but never really quit smoking before.Just after I read that quit smoking program, I realized how easy quitting smoking was.I am a non-smoker now! I highly recommend this program to your brother.It really works.You can check out
http://quit-smoking-in-3-hours.info

Good luck!
First he should go and see his doctor. His doctor should be able to help find determine if a smoking cessation aid would be beneficial and which one. Second go the the Yahoo group NicotineBusters,
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Nic…
They have a wealth of information on a variety of methods to quite smoking. Their support is wonderful. Third, he may want to take a look at
http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/…
It-s a quiz to help identify what type of smoker you are.

I quit 3 months, 3 weeks and 1 day ago. But who-s counting!!! ;-)
These are really good tips I have heard to stop smoking. Hope they help.

Because a smoker forms the habit of putting something in their mouth, and it-s like always a cigarette. you will need something else to put into your mouth, like lollipops.

Have a peppermint each time you crave a cigarette, the craving will go away somehow.

Be sure to have lots of water, the nicotine will wash out within 48 - 72 hours. Let-s say, the same amount as some scientist discovered. 6 - 8 glasses a day.

Make sure you get a lot of fresh air and exercise, it will help your brain recover

Have faith. Thinking you can-t do it over and over won-t help.
He should mainly be doing it for himself. Remember it-s him that has to live his life when he is older with the results of smoking, not his girlfriend. I suggest he direct his attention to something else. My dad was a hardcore smoker. He smoked since he was 18 till he was 38. More than a pack a day. He did a 3 step quit smoking patch set, that he bought at the store. I would suggest getting into something like that, and try chewing something like sunflower seeds or gum. They-re low in calories and they give him something to do with his mouth if he is having a craving.
I highly recommend a prescription drug called Chantix. I have tried many times before and this drug is absolutely wonderful!!!!
My brother is trying to quit smoking, is there anyone out there with tips? -