I bought the Allen Carr book quot; Easy way to quit smoking quot; do you think it works? -

Monday, May 7, 2007

I bought the Allen Carr book quot; Easy way to quit smoking quot; do you think it works? -


I read the whole book last night, and its wiered i have totally change my thoughts on cigarettes. I have had some withdrawl symtons but nothing major, i keep telling my self i dont need to smoke and it works.
Surely you dont need a book to tell you how to quit smoking?

I can tell you that for the price of the book.

I quit a year ago by going -cold turkey-. Makes you feel much better
I actually went to one of his clinics to cure me.
The first thing I did when I came out 6 hours later was to light
up...that shud answer the question...
I started the chewing gum...and that did work...havnt smoked in 2 years...but still taking the gum.
yeah i only read half the book and managed to stop for 3 months really easily.

eventually i went cold turkey and have done it for about 3 years, but much easier with the book.

good luck with it buddy
Well I gave up on 26th August 2007 after reading the book and have not (and will not) smoked since and can not believe that I did that for all those years!
There were hard days (and may be more to come) but the important thing is to stick with it, the book would not be the same second time round....If I can do it anyone can.
Keep up the work!
Great Book. Worked for me. It-s a shame the NHS doesn-t reccomend it instead of all those pointless Nicotine Replacement Therapy products.
My son has smoked for 20 years. Bought and read the Alan Carr book and has given up without too much difficulty.
I have not read this, but I understand that it is successful, and I understand why, it brings and keeps the negative aspects to the front of the mind, and provides good defence against the addictive thoughts. This is my next project now I-ve beaten the booze using a similar concept...
You can only give up if you WANT to give up.

If you still love your ciggies, you will start again.
good luck and keep to your own will power .The worst will be when you go out that is when you need all your will power .
GOOD LUCK AND WELL DONE ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn-t read the Allen Carr book when I gave up smoking but I did read an article in a Sunday magazine that he wrote and I followed his instructions. That was 16 years ago and I haven-t smoked since so I would say that it can work very well indeed.
He is a gay comidian. Whay does he know about smoking or humour for that matter?
You don-t need a stupid book to tell you how to quit smoking. It takes willpower.
One of the best ways to stop smoking, is to just gradually smoke less cigarettes each day/week, and eventually you will find you can resist it more easily.
Don-t stop right away, it makes you feel sick
I bought the Allen Carr book quot; Easy way to quit smoking quot; do you think it works? -