Quit smoking? -

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Quit smoking? -


I want to quit smoking, because it-s gross, but I don-t want to get crabby, or gain weight. Has anyone out there been successful with a particular method? Help please...
Contact the Quitline and join a Quit Smoking Clinic.
four years ago I quit using the tablet, patches and gum. I started to smoke again last year and craved it continually through out the past 4 years. So in January this year, I just quit. I decided that I wanted to and I did it. I haven-t craved any, I did at first, but then got over it. I stopped coffee for a while and replaced my morning cafine burst with an energy drink instead. As for the wieght gain, I decided that instead of smoking or eating when I was bored, I would actually get up and do something. Go for a walk, take up a hobby, or make a goal. The other day, I went out and everyone was smoking around me and for the first time I felt sick not went, I want...

Cold turkey is the only way to go. You need to think like a non smoker, so for example, when you get a craving think, what would a non-smoker do now, and you will quit. Thinking like a quitter will only make you always a quitter. Make the decission, tell everyone your doing it so they can not stand around and smoke near you or ask if you want one, and just do it. (My psychologist said about the think like a non-smoker bit, she said it has helped heaps of people.)

Most importantly, good luck, and I hope you do it.
There-s a new drug on the market called Chantix. It-s supposed to control your Nicotine cravings within the brain itself, therefore you-re supposed to not have withdrawal symptoms like crabbiness. You-ll need a prescription and you-ll have to take it for two months, but if it works, then it-s worth it.
some eat gum or candies if they start on craving cigarretes due to its withrawal symptoms, you can also try it if it can work for you too.

you dont gain weight beacause you quit smoking. you gain weight bec you eat much!

and you can taper your smoking pattern, reducing each time so your body will better adapt..
Had a quick search around the internet and found a great website all about quitting smoking.

Hope it helps. keep strong you can do it
When people stop smoking they tend to focus that energy on something else like eating which is why they gain weight. You need to find out why your smoking.. and goodluck!
No matter what type of method you use, you are going to have some discomfort, because nicotine is a potent drug and is more difficult to quit than any other.

I am now taking Chantix (need prescription from your doctor for it) twice a day. It has really helped me . I went from 30 cigarettes down to 15, then down to 8 and pretty soon I will be off them completely (after 33 years of smoking).
My family says I have been quiet and tired, but not as crabby as I was when trying to quit with the other methods.
I quit smoking cold turkey, however I used nicorette patches for the first week. the key to successfully quitting and not starting again, is to be break all the old habits, like I used to smoke after my meals, so i made sure i washed the dishes really slowly and then wiped up so I-d stay busy and not want to smoke. Its hard but can be done! YOU CAN DO IT! - also, make sure you-ve got healthy snacks in the fridge at all times! dont- get caught out by eating junky food cause then you-ll stack on the weight! good luck friend.
Quit smoking? -