Im trying to quit smoking pot. Anybody got any tips? -

Monday, May 14, 2007

Im trying to quit smoking pot. Anybody got any tips? -


I-m 26 and I-ve been smoking for 7 years....wow 7 years. I-ve gone up and down with my usage, but I really want to quit for good this time. I mean 90% of the country doesn-t smoke pot every day, so why do I need to? Any tips?
1. stop hanging around people who smoke.
2. No more High Times mags.
3. No more weed movies.
by sewed your lips
Have you heard about e-cigarette ? It-s the generation next cigarette which omits smoke vapours 0% harmful for health. As mentioned in this article (refer under given weblink) -It feels like a cigarette, looks like a cigarette but it isn-t bad for your health-. Its the latest way to quit smoking.


http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyle…

just quit it is non addictive did it for years and quit cold turkey
Just put the doobie down dude..........
Find another habit that you can engage in during the time that you-re used to smoking. It-s very hard to give up a habit without having something else to take its place. Good luck!
Start by putting down the bong.

Then find something else to do... replace the relatively benign addiction with something else.

~A
tHE ONLY THING YOU HAVE GOT TO DO IS STOP HANGING AROUND WITH SMOKERS/DEALERS.
Sorry about the caps.
hey im 19 , i remember I started smoking weed when i was 13! and I too was a kronic kronic smoker , but I been clean for a year now, I started seeing all my friends selling dope and going to jail , and others started to do heavier stuff like haroine and lsd. I sighned up at the local gym one night , randomly. I started lifting weights , and I met a guy there who was a boxing trainer , and I sighned up at his gym. just find a physical activity you always wanted to do , and go for it man , and trust me after being blazed outa your mind for 7 years , being sober is a trip. go jogging , you will fell how much more energized and cleansed you fell...and a joggers high is always free. and plus try to quit so you can have more money in your pocket. save up for a nice home gym , or a really fast car, I dunno what ever your into. I started blazin all the time because I didnt want to face my inner dreams , so 2morrow morning start with a jog around the neighboor hood , and ur addiction will start fading away from there , I mean it worked for me.
Why would you quit?
But seriously pot is not addictive. Just throw out, smoke or give the pot u have in ur house to friends (or me lol) and dont buy anymore. if your around friends who smoke tell them not to let u smoke before they light up.
Just say -NO-! lol. No, but seriously, depending on how addicted you are, if you cant do it on your own, you need support. Whether that be from friends and family, or admitting yourself into a Treatment/Rehab program...Rehab is not as bad as you may think..I had to go to get off of Vicodin, and remember that even in recovery, you still may relapse,(smoke pot again0, but dont quit quitting! Look up Narcotics Anonymous, or marijuana anonymous, or rehab for pot heads...Just remember that you can do it...obviously you have the desire to quit, if you lose the desire to quit smoking, then it will be almost impossible for you to quit. Look into a 12 step program for help! Good Luck!!

Answer these questions to see if you need help, this is from the website listed below...


Twelve Questions

Has smoking pot stopped being fun?
Do you ever get high alone?
Is it hard for you to imagine a life without marijuana?
Do you find that your friends are determined by your marijuana use?
Do you smoke marijuana to avoid dealing with your problems?
Do you smoke pot to cope with your feelings?
Does your marijuana use let you live in a privately defined world?
Have you ever failed to keep promises you made about cutting down or controlling your dope smoking?
Has your use of marijuana caused problems with memory, concentration, or motivation?
When your stash is nearly empty, do you feel anxious or worried about how to get more?
Do you plan your life around your marijuana use?
Have friends or relatives ever complained that your pot smoking is damaging your relationship with them?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may have a problem with marijuana.
Im trying to quit smoking pot. Anybody got any tips? -