I feel hungry ALL the time, how do I fight this. I quit smoking 10 months ago, and have gained 12lbs. HELP!? -

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I feel hungry ALL the time, how do I fight this. I quit smoking 10 months ago, and have gained 12lbs. HELP!? -


I just cannot fight this hunger. The more I try to say -I am not hungry- to myself, the hungrier I get! Its nuts! I do not want to gain anymore weight.
nicotine does manage weight well doesn-t it?

if you want to suppress your appetite you-ll need to starve yourself for a bit, as in eat every 2-3 hours and only every 2-3 hours also eat smaller meals, in a week time you-ll notice a big difference in your food consumption
When you wake up in the morning, the first thing you should do is drink a glass of water. Then eat a small healthy snack filled with protein to hold you over for a few short hours or so. In between each meal, which you should have 4-5 small ones a day, you should be constantly drinking water. Do not eat three large meals a day if you know you have to eat consistently. Instead eat 4-5 smaller ones a day - drink PLENTY of water. Also try to get into working out. Start by going for two long walks a day, then progress your way into maybe a light jog.... or take up yoga, which has plenty of breathing exercises, etc. Rid your body of that filth.

I just quit smoking a month ago. I knew about the potential weight gain beforehand, so I made sure I was prepared with this with a plan. It-s not too late to start though, so good luck.
Well you should eat a very healthy and filling breakfast and then if you ever get hungry, only eat a handful of dried fruit or cereal and then have a small, healthy, and filling lunch and then dinner. Try not to eat dessert but if you do, let it be some fruit.
Exercise every day! Go for a jog in the morning or do some push-ups. Workout at the gym. Everyday you need two hours of exercise so you can stay fit!
You should focus on eating about low glycemic food 5x a day. Also take a high quality multivitamins because your body runs on nutrients. Your body will not crave as much when it have all or most of the vitamins and minerals you need. Low glycemic food will keep you full and energized longer throughout the day so you won-t have to eat too much.

Low glycemic low in carbs, sugar, fats etcs. Anything that will not give you that crash or food coma. Low glycemic will also help you lose some weight and stop your cravings.

High glycemic foods are like fast food, junk food, oily and greasy food, white bread, etc. These type of food will make you tired and will only make you eat more.

If you have a hard time finding low glycemic food then you can take meal replacment shakes. Most of them are low glycemic and are suppose to be healthy and keep you full. I personally take Nutrimeals from Usana Health Science. They have the best meal replacement shake. It-s high in fibers, contain good proteins, essential fats, good carbs and rich in nutrients. They will keep you full and energized.

Other than that I hope this helps and good luck.
don-t eat big meals, eat less food at a time, and eat more times throughout the day, like 5 small meals, it-ll help you from bingeing or snacking on unhealthy foods, also try to get healthy foods to snack on like fruits and veggies if you do feel the urge to munch
Try drinking a large glass of water every time you get hungry. That might help a little but if it gets too intense eat foods that have a low caloric content like celery.

Not sure if that helps any, but I wish you the best o- luck
sometimes drinking really cold water can help or swallow a vitamin e tablet it takes longer for ur stomach to digest
when you feel hungry eat some fruit
I feel hungry ALL the time, how do I fight this. I quit smoking 10 months ago, and have gained 12lbs. HELP!? -