Why when I try to quit smoking every regrettable thing Ive ever done become magnified times a million? -

Monday, June 8, 2009

Why when I try to quit smoking every regrettable thing Ive ever done become magnified times a million? -


It all comes back to me all at once like ghosts from the past.

Even the seemingly insignificant things become so heavy.
Maybe for the same reason it happens to me? I quit over two months ago, but I keep harping over every misstep I-ve ever made.

How-s this for a hypothesis? Nicotine is known to put the body into fight or flight. The stress hormones that are released induce boldness. I-m guessing that: On a neurological level, that boldness arises in part from suppression of the cautionary memories that normally restrain our behavior. When we stop using nicotine, that suppression no longer occurs, and the negative events have a higher potential. Furthermore, we experience the opposite effect until the brain reregulates the appropriate receptors and reestablishes homeostasis. The harping on missteps is therefore a withdrawal symptom closely akin to the heightened anxiety and sense of urgency that also accompany cessation of nicotine use.
dont smoke cigarettes.

why dont you try and smoke some weed?

calm your self, relax, and enjoy.
Why when I try to quit smoking every regrettable thing Ive ever done become magnified times a million? -