What can we do to help smokers quit smoking for a better environment? -

Saturday, June 27, 2009

What can we do to help smokers quit smoking for a better environment? -


Where I live, we already have laws that forbid smokers to smokes in bars or inside and that-s a good things from our government. It-s a step forward to improve our lifestyles but is it enough?
I was a smoker for 29 years. When I smoked it didn-t matter what anyone else did, said or how many laws were passed, I wasn-t going to quit. I finally DID quit 5 years ago but I did it for me. You can provide lots of encouragement but I believe there-s really no way to help someone quit until, for whatever reason, s/he wants to do it for him/her self.
What can we do? I-ll tell you what I think we can do....I think we should make all those things that cost an arm and a leg to help smokers quit...FREE. Like the hypnosis thing. I-ve heard that works every single time..yet it costs hundred and hundreds of dollars. The smokeing gum and patches...GEEZ, have you seen the price on those things? It-s ridiculous and it-s deturs us smokers from buying cuz we can buy cigarettes cheaper. I wish I could quit after nearly 30 years of smoking. My children want so badly for me to quit and I want so badly to quit but can-t afford any of the methods to do so.
don-t ------------ leave them alone. am not a smoker my self.
they have to help them self.
Rx to stop smoking:
The Problem and The Cure:
2 Cor 7:1 John 14: 13,14 Gal 5:1
1 Cor 3:16 John 16: 23 Mark 9:23,24,29
1 Cor 6:19 Phil 4:13 James 4:7
Rom 12:1 Eph 4:13 II Tim 4:17,18
Eph 4:18,19 Matt 19:26
Titus 1:15, 16 Gal 5:1
What can we do to help smokers quit smoking for a better environment? -