What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Friday, June 19, 2009

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


I know this question has been asked before but my dilemma is this: My Back Porch. I know it sounds stupid so hear me out:

I do not smoke at work, in my car, in my home, not even when I-m out socially, but the first thing I want to do when I get home is go to my back porch and light up. What-s that about?

I believe I can quit with patch-assisted help, but what do I do about the beautiful porch nestled in the mountains calling my name??? I look at my deck as an extension of my home and I-ve tried to -not going- outside but it drives me nuts!

HELP - I have some freaky mind-block that I can-t snap out of.
well i am a smoker have been for about 12 years now, I really hate it because your clothes stink your car stinks, even your hair. Its a nasty habit ,But I understand where your coming from, I don-t smoke in the house but i do smoke in the car. other wise when i-m at home i-m always trying to hurry up and finish something i-m doing so I can go smoke. well i would say keep yourself away from smokers but that don-t seem to be your problem! that is kinda crazy lol, it-s a whole mind thing, you know when you get home that is your relief,your used to going to the porch when you get home and enjoying a cig. yes there are patches,pills,hypnosis,and gum, some people it may help but for me those things would be a waist of money! I got it bad(lol)!
you could do like your first answer said but I don-t know how much that wil work. if you wanted to try something over the counter it might help then when you get home use it see if it will take the edge off. otherwise try to keep yourself busy so that will not be the only thing you thank about get you some gum or candy to suck on when you get home.. I really wish I could help you more cause I know what it-s like to want to quit!! your right your case is a little crazy! lol

You have to have control!,Strength!,and the real want to!
I know it-s hard I have tried to quit to but it-s so hard I guess I just don-t have enough want to at this point!
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
WANT SOME CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE???STOP
SMOKING OR DIE TRYING.
pick up another habit... buy lots of gyms and mints and start chewing and sucking..
You have to change your thinking of what you are doing when you come home.example---when you come home start cleaning because if you keep yourself busy you will not thinking about smoking,
Quitting completely is rough (even slowing down). I-m on week 2 coldturkey after 25 years of cigs - you have to find something else out there that pleases you. Just avoid the porch for now - zone out in front of mindless TV, sex alone or with lover a.m.a.p.,
walks, etc.. You can -practice- using the porch by briefly stepping out and taking in some deep breaths, and go back in. Smoking/nicotine creates associations too easily - gotta break them somehow. You-re really doing great so far - keep it up!!
Think of anything else that might change your thoughts when out on the porch - be imaginative...
best way to quit smoking is just to stop cold turkey. it is hard but it works.
Cold turkey, develop a new routine when you get home.
The only people I know who were ever successful at quiting smoking were the ones who did so cold turkey. They put-em down and never picked them up again. Every other method I-ve heard of that has been tried had also eventually failed. I once dated a girl who smoked about the same amount that you do. She had trouble quitting as well until I mentioned to her that she wasn-t bringing the next cigarette to her mouth....that cigarette had the power to bring her to it. Evidently I said the right phrase cause the thought that the cigarette was the one with the power over her and not her over it kinda freaked her out. Enough to quit anyway. She went cold turkey and never smoked again. Good luck. Remember, nothing good will ever come from it.
Next time you find a cig in your mouth, eat it.
give the person your oath or do not talk to the person and give him opposite answers using something bad about smoking
my stepmom got hypnotized about a month ago and has not picked up a cig since, but she chews gum like crazy.
Try drinking coffee or tea instead whenever you are there. I am also struggling to quit smoking before i go to bed.
Well...You ra eally need to change the behavior that goes along with the smoking, unfortunately. The porch. What you could do is try doing something different while on the porch such as drink some herbal tea or eat a light snack...I have struggled with smoking for years, you sound like you are well on your way to quitting!! Good Luck!!
hmmm smokers never grow old cuz they die young.. thats an old saying and probably true.. well there are a few ways to do this one.. cut up your ciigs in half so u cut down on smoking..
2.. do a calculation of HOW much u spend each year on cigs.. that should freek u out.. unless u have too much money to burn..

3. get a radio on the porch so u have soemthign else to do..or use the phoen.. keep ur hands busy ...
First stop buying the cigarettes. If you dont have them you cant smoke them. Learn to do something else on the backporch that helps you relax when you come home. Try Drink some hot tea or coffee or anything. You could also try to learn some relaxing techniques and exercises to do while enjoying your back porch.
all you need is a strong will, and, find something else to do on your porch :)
Why not just quit buying the darned things? It-s pretty hard to smoke something you don-t have in your possession. Am I missing something? Keep your wallet in your purse and stop buying them.
I quit many years ago 1964 and I can tell you what worked for me it will not be easy so don-t think patches and pills will make it easy. You need to finally admit to yourself that you are going to quit then stop doing it every time the urge comes up you have to overcome it. It will get easier each time but it still will take a long time. In my case it was years. good luck and enjoy the view.
What is the best way to quit smoking? -