Around how much weight will I gain if I quit smoking? -

Friday, November 13, 2009

Around how much weight will I gain if I quit smoking? -


I (WANT) to gain weight since I am really skinny, Ive smoked for about three years now and im 19. How much weight would I gain if I quit and over how long? Im a male, 130lbs, 6-3.
depends
it varies
but if you want to gain weight, eat more
and start building up some muscle mass because i picture you as a walking stick (no offense) but your really thin
you can lift weights, etc
quitting smoking isnt the only thing that will help you gain weight
depends on genetics

since your real tall and thin - if you stop smoking and since your over 18 if your metabolism slows quickly as it sometimes can for people after they reach 18+ if your always snacking since your not smoking

you COULD experience a big weight gain and while its not smoking alone thats causing it, you will reason that in your head !

Many blame big weight gain on stopping smoking, the truth in the idea is how much do you snack and constantly eat?

if your a big eater and you like to snack - smoking can be a distraction and event in itself so your not eating as much, when you stop smoking you need something else to occupy your time so eating becomes the replacement and you pack on the pounds quickly

If your not a big eater and or snacker, it probably wont affect you and make a big weight gain if you quit smoking! If you can its better to quit smoking and deal with the weight problem than keep smoking because you dont want to get fat......

Good Luck!
I quit smoking at 24 and didnt gain any weight, in fact, I lost weight because of the stress and that ruined my appetite (of course the stress goes away after a month or two, I dont regret quitting at all, best thing I ever did and you will feel better in general). I was about your height and weight at 19, I didnt gain weight until 2 years ago, when I was 25. I loaded up on high carb foods like mac and cheese, became less active (watching more movies etc.), and most importantly, I started drinking lots and lots of ensure. Its pretty expensive now so you can find cheaper alternatives to it in Walmart or CVS. Thats what really did the trick. But thats to gain a little extra fat, dont do that forever or you-ll have all kinds health problems (high cholesterol etc). After you gain a little healthy fat so you look somewhat normal, you can then start building muscle instead.
Okay, well, it has nothing to do with the smoke. It-s all up to you. If you quit smoking, you will probably crave more food sooo I cant tell you how much you-d want to eat but probably about 15 pounds or more.
I think it really depends on the person. I quit smoking 10 months ago and I didn-t notice any weight gain....but I also eat healthy and workout everyday. You should quit anyway....
Around how much weight will I gain if I quit smoking? -